• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Headlight Bulbs

poppop

My NAPA store and heavy truck supply store can get them. They have a catolog with all kinds of MV goodies in them. Last one I got was $24.00 and no freight. Wires are correct and everything. I am still astounded at people paying as much as $36.00 plus freight on e-pay for the same bulbs.

jatonka

Saturn Surplus is one of our best locations to find many many parts, both common and sometimes hard to find. Mark has been there a long while and knows more about NSN numbers, and what we really are asking for than most other dealers. That includes me as a full time collector and half A$*^D vendor. It pays to support the vendors who will always be there for you. It's an opinion, but it sure works for me. Plus, Mark and Jay are good to talk to. JT out

Lex_Ordo

I concur with JATonka's statement about Saturn. I have bought a lot from them throughout my M35 restoration, and Jay is excellent and knowledgable.
The Headlights are NOS, Wagner, and are nice and bright.

To wsucougarx Huh, Really?!!

I concur with Beastmaster. I know the local NAPA owner and get things at pretty much cost from them as I letter all their deliver trucks for gratis. Price quoted me was no where near your $15.00. Wow!:cry: I bought a spare from AV Trucks eventually.
Any chance you still have the part number from your purchase. If so I'll give it another shot.
Thanks

Funny I got my NAPA ones for $15

Crash_AF

I called NAPA and asked for that part number (4863) and they told me that there were none nationally and they were $86 if they had them... what part number are you using to get them for $15?

Thanks,
Joe

poppop

I stopped by my NAPA store today and they don't remember ever showing me a catolog. But I do know I bought a bulb from my heavy truck store for $24.00. I think I still have it and will check numbers.

poppop

The bulb I have is from New Star parts group. When I googled it it came up under S and S Truck Parts. Their number is S-BO34 and says replacement for 8741491. The bulb has on it Wagner 4963-1. They have a very complete line of MV parts and an online catolog. I don't know if you can order online. I have had this bulb a year and price was $24.00 plus $5.00 freight.

That wagner number is hard to read and after checking other posts that number could be
4863-1.

Last edited:

jatonka

I priced a new 28 volt headlamp with pigtails on it at Napa 2 years ago and they were $98 each then. I don't doubt some of you can get them for $60 or $65 from Napa with enough volumn discount. I understand because I get a BIG discount on oil and fuel filters for my adaptors. But I would like to be the guy to get new 24 volt headlights with pigtails for $15 each, that may be the cheapest price in the world. I will buy 100 immediately, even at $17 so a profit can be made. JT out

wiggall

I orded one from Saturn yesterday. He said that it would be shipped by UPS WED, FRIDAY, MON, Or when ever UPS shows up:!: FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

patch

Hey John- According to the website the 4863 bulb at $17.50 has 3 contact lugs and is listed as a possible replacement for the 4860 just above it, which has the special military waterproof connectors at a price of $58. Still a bargain when compared to your NAPA price but not the killer deal we'd all like. Saturn's price looks good if it's got the 3 pigtails like uncle sam intended....