• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Headlight Bulbs

aboonski

That's why I plan to use 12 volt headlight bulbs in my deuce via a voltage reducer. The pigtails would have to be used from a 24 volt military headlight which is no big deal. Once I do my truck I'll post the results on here for all to see. Not sure what a headlight bulb draws for amperage but I don't believe it would be more than 5 amps (just a guess). I would be using a 15 amp voltage reducer for this application.

Fat Jack

Good question. I fogot to mention that. They have 3 nubs or lugs that protrude from the end (backside) of the sealed beam, that I soldered each wire to. I have seen the little brass L shaped clips, somewhere in my memory bank, that can be soldered to the nubs and then use a conventional 3 prong female plug as on pre-halogen headlight bulbs. Don't know where to get the L shpaed clips or the female plugs, but probably at an auto parts store. In my case, it was simple enough to just solder the wires to the plug. Not sure everyone knows, but the three wires typically just unplug from their connection at the base (rear) of the headllamp bucket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks