• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Horsepower question

panzerjunky

Hello Again
I was reading M35A2 specs on some google supplied web site and it stated that the M35A2 was a 478 CID engine with 170 to 427 Horsepower depending on fuel.
Does this sound right and why such a huge variation in HP over fuel type.
Thanks Jerry:?:

scooter01922

Maybe someone mis read that, there is a 427 multi. It was the orginal multi fuel engine and the 465 is a later model developed from it.

GoHot229

I think Scooter has it, and the likely confusion thay followed on what you heard. You can however 'turn' up the injector pump and get some, but that is advised for someone with a bit of Deuce time and knowledge under their belt, you could cause damage if done incorrectly, but yea, you can get a bit more. Another thing simmilar to what Scooter mentioned, the confusion might have been Horse Power verses Torque, which is approaching, ? or in the fours.

yeager1

There are several versions of the multi-fuel. Power ratings are as follows:
Power Output:
LDT: 134 hp-330 lbs/ft

LDS: 180 hp-440 lbs/ft
210 version: 210 hp- 515 lbs/ft
The 210hp versions were used in several less common military vehicles (although some sources claim 205-215hp).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks