• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 hydraulic head

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We talked about this in a thread but where it is I don't know. If I remember we figured there was no difference they just were different year lower units. You can look in the Deuce injection manual and see what pumps had the different ones. I also believe that we said you could run ether one and the only time there might be a problem was with the lower units and a newer head. One lower unit had a oil passage that feeds the Head with oil and if you put on the new Head on a old lower unit you had to block off the oil passage in the lower unit.

Little Gus

So if I was running a 90100a and I think it may have a hair line crack so I was going to replace it and was having trouble finding a 90100a but I did find a used 90101a looks just about as old as the on one I had. So it is not a new head will I run into any problems running this one on do I need to plug the oil port and where might that be?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No you won't have to plug the oil port. Only if you were replacing a Head # HD9070A or HD9085A with a different #.

Last edited:

Little Gus

Ok so I should have no problems interchanging the 90100a with the 90101a? Sorry just trying to double check if anyone has done this because the TM is not very clear

Little Gus

How do I remove just the hydraulic head? Does the quill shaft have to be removed? Or does the timing need to be in a certain position for it to come out. I have every thing off with the timing points lined up but the head won't come out. I remember there was a certain position it had to be in for the gear to come. Anyone know?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are looking for this scribe mark on the Head. Best if you find some threads on the HH replacement and brush up real good. Also the 465 Trouble shooting manual is a good read. Your red paint might be there might not be. No on the quill shaft.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks