• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 in Alaska

HiddenFox

I just moved to Alaska.
I'm thinking of getting an M35A2 as a daily driver but I keep hearing people talk about it only having around 2 mpg.
Can anyone tell me why, how to fix it, and how to make it more fuel efficient?

HiddenFox

One guy said his boss has a '98 and he spends a fortune just driving right down the road!

Here it would be around $220 to fill up the tank.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They didn't make A2's in 98. I have thousands of miles on mine and have never gotten under 10 MPG, even fully loaded.

rronning84

Mine gets about 9mpg but is pretty heavy for a Deuce.

Where are you in Alaska? I will be up there in a month. I am headed for Anchorage with my deuce nd I know some other Deuce people there.

Danger Ranger

Hows about you stop and take some time to read the forums and grab some general knowledge on a deuce, or a 5 ton, or a bobber, or anything else you like and can see being practical enough to be driven everyday by you.

It sounds harsh, I know, but you will thank me for it later. We were all the new guy once. Good luck.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved down from AK last year. I knew of a couple A2s around Fairbanks, had a chance to buy a pretty nice one for $4000 but passed on it like a fool. I've often thought about the logistics of having one up there and I don't think it would have been too bad. Shipping parts up from the lower 48 would be more expensive, but there are still alot of surplus dealers within AK. From what I saw there are far fewer MVs up there and since the cost to ship them up from the lower 48 is fairly expensive the prices of the trucks already there reflect. I could have had a lot of fun with a Deuce around Fairbanks. However, I think driving one in the winter would be quite a chore, even if it was properly equipped for the sub-arctic.