• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

rustystud

Gonna have to do something with the gauge lights. They are terrible!!!
Yes, they are not up too todays standards by a long shot ! There are a lot of posts showing how others have fixed their dash lights. I myself have installed modern gauges with internal lights. The speedo and tach still use the military lights though.

Caseymikl

Took some pictures of it. I cleaned out the bed. Was full of old rotted wood and garbage as well as an old canvas bed tarp that was rotted and torn up. I did wash it the other week and it came out real nice. Thinking that instead of a soft top gonna go with an aftermarket fiberglass top. Need to fix the mirrors as well as the glass. Took some pics of the gauges as well. Don't know what normal running temp is. But just idling for a couple minutes and moving around the back yard it was around 180-190. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439252783.850033.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439252831.853360.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439252863.687990.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439252877.174086.jpg

The tires are the nondirectional 9.00-20. They have a little dry rot. Nothing to bad. Don't know how hard these tires are or how durable they are. As far as driving them on the road. Whens time to replace them? In the future planning on replacing with super singles when the time and funds permit it. But that will be after I get everything else fixed first. One tire does need a new tube as a screw went into it and it leaks. Found a set of 10 wheels and tires that came off a 71 deuce that was driven on the street till he converted to super singles. He wants $300 for all 10. They are 50-75% tread with slight weathering. Might pick them up and between all of them using the best ones and keeping others for spares. Would like to use the spare tire carrier as well and mount a spare on the deuce. Going to try to get working on it and getting it road worthy for a trip next April (Daytona Florida for jeep beach 2016) hey it is a Keiser JEEP! Planning on hauling my Cherokee in the bed and my buddies JKU on a trailer about 150 miles or so on highway. Everything will need to be fixed and changed before I even attempt it. As well as driving it around the county first and seeing how she handles. I have a radiator cap on the way should be here this week. Going to be doing new filters and all new fluids soon. Have a couple other projects that need to get finished first. Would like to say thanks to everyone that's helped me getting her running again!!! If there's an event in Florida I will try to attend and bring the deuce out! As she will be getting street driven and used! Actually will be taking my little brother to the bus stop next week in it. Just a couple streets down, but hey need to try to break some necks. Can't do that with it in the back yard!

rustystud

M35A2 Truck 039.jpg
Also, where does the spring for the throttle return hook too? Right now I have it on the vents on the inner fender, obviously not where it's supposed to be.
It should go to your steering gear. I'm sorry the only picture I have doesn't quite show it. The bolt you cannot see on the steering gear has a metal tang that the spring attaches too.

rustystud

Your spring has probably lost its long-end then or gotten to weak to work. Or the tang has broken off the end with the hole for the spring to go into.
I'll take pictures tomorrow of mine.

Caseymikl

Found the little hole for the spring! Now it's in the right spot. Have another issue with it now! I drove it to my little brothers bus stop this afternoon to pick him up. Drove a couple blocks, picked him up and a couple blocks home. It got up to 240 degrees according to the gauge I have (not sure if accurate) I felt the upper and lower rad hoses. The lower hose was cool and the upper was warm. Not hot but warm could hold onto it. The bottom was significantly cooler. If you squeeze the lower hose you can hear the coolant bubbling and moving around at the rad cap. I believe the water pump is not working correctly. Hope it's that and not the radiator itself. No leaks. But the belt had been squeaking.

rustystud

Found the little hole for the spring! Now it's in the right spot. Have another issue with it now! I drove it to my little brothers bus stop this afternoon to pick him up. Drove a couple blocks, picked him up and a couple blocks home. It got up to 240 degrees according to the gauge I have (not sure if accurate) I felt the upper and lower rad hoses. The lower hose was cool and the upper was warm. Not hot but warm could hold onto it. The bottom was significantly cooler. If you squeeze the lower hose you can hear the coolant bubbling and moving around at the rad cap. I believe the water pump is not working correctly. Hope it's that and not the radiator itself. No leaks. But the belt had been squeaking.
Well first tighten your belts ! Then check your coolant level. Then check and see if your thermostat is closing and opening. Might be stuck closed. Was the upper radiator hose "at the radiator" warm at all ? It should be pretty hot if your gauge is saying your at 240 degrees. Of course your gauge could be messed up.

rustystud

The gauge is messed up. It was in pieces and I kinda just put it together and hooked it up. It's working but it was just laying on the floor when I got it
OK, replace the gauge. It is a precision instrument and cannot be bashed around and put back together. As far as the thermostat goes, it could either be stuck open or closed. If open, it will not allow the engine to build up heat so the radiator hose will be cooler then normal. Stuck closed and the radiator hose will be cooler since coolant is not flowing like it should. Either way, check the thermostat.