• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 insurance... need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG ALBANESE

Now now I didnt say I was fibbing (I should have refraised so someone wouldnt take it the wrong way)! I actually have an aircraft hanger for it ( I just park it their during the winter and work on it at home in the summer where it is temporarily parked. They cant expect people not to drive the insured vehicle! If you drive it and park under a tree and a limb falls its not your fault.

How much is Gulfway for your deuce?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After many attempts with several insurers, most wanted the vehicle garaged, or would not insure it.

I found Gulfway Insurance Co. and they do not require special garaging or vehicle storage. They insured my M43B1 and M35A2C including comprehension coverage for damage or loss to both vehicles for $350 a year. Very few limitations.

SSG ALBANESE

After many attempts with several insurers, most wanted the vehicle garaged, or would not insure it.

I found Gulfway Insurance Co. and they do not require special garaging or vehicle storage. They insured my M43B1 and M35A2C including comprehension coverage for damage or loss to both vehicles for $350 a year. Very few limitations.

Interesting. Sounds good. What is the roadside assistance like? Did the coverage come with roadside?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gulfway Ins.

Interesting. Sounds good. What is the roadside assistance like? Did the coverage come with roadside?
I do not have roadside as most insurers do not offer it to vehicles the size of the deuce.

The insurance I got covers a little over the California state liability requirements. It also covers my vehicles for comprehensive accident damage and loss based on the amount I assigned as the value of my vehicle. (SAMPLE: I valued the M43 at 10K.)

I also have them insured as non-daily drivers, although they would insure a daily driver.

I believe I estimated each vehicle at under 5000 miles per year
(100 miles per month = 1200 mi +, convoys, parades and gatherings = 2000mi + 1800 miles as fudge factor annually= 5000 miles.

I may also have a $500 deductible...do not remember.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I also have them insured as non-daily drivers, although they would insure a daily driver...
Hope this helps.

Gordon
I have Gulfway also, I'm not so sure about the MV "daily driver" coverage, I had to prove to them I had other insurance for my (Chevy) daily driver. This stipulation (I would think) would prohibit you from using your MV as a daily driver. Just my observation.

usaforce

M923A1 Insurance

After a short discussion with my Country agent.....he insured my M923A1 22,000 lb. truck as a pickup! My liability cost $35 a month. They can bend a few rules when convinced to!!!!

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No dailly driver.

I have Gulfway also, I'm not so sure about the MV "daily driver" coverage, I had to prove to them I had other insurance for my (Chevy) daily driver. This stipulation (I would think) would prohibit you from using your MV as a daily driver. Just my observation.
Thankl you! I stand corrected.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I remeber now that I also had to provide insurance proof for my civilian vehicles daily drivers.

Sorry for the bogus information. Should have dug out my policy and read it instead of relying on memory.

steelandcanvas

After a short discussion with my Country agent.....he insured my M923A1 22,000 lb. truck as a pickup! My liability cost $35 a month. They can bend a few rules when convinced to!!!!
What do you think will happen when you submit a claim? Someone other than your "Agent" is going to throw the BS flag and you just might be denied any settlement on your claim. You essentially have mis-represented what they are insuring. Sounds nice now, but something eventually could raise it's ugly head and bite you. They are not stupid, someone will catch there is no such thing as a 22k pound pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.