• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Keyed door locks?

dropaduece

Does anyone know of an easy way to add keyed door locks to a m35a2? I was wondering if a kit was ever made.

I have been using a padlock assembly welded on the door and bottom of the cab, it works fine yet doesnt look the best.

It gives me piece of mind when I park the deuce and walk off for a bit. Sometimes people are too curious. Thanks.

Seth

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
AV Truck and in Equipment has them or at least they used to. The shaft needs to be cut down a little and it needs a coat of spray paint to get rid of the chrome. Their number is 661 945-6788. I think it was about $20 per handle.

Flea

Some guys have run something like this:
Link

Of course, painted, etc. I don't know how secure it would keep the rest of the truck, though. If someone wants in bad enough, just crack a window or slash a soft top. But it would definitely keep neighborhood kiddos and the "I used to drive one of these!" crowds out.

dropaduece

Thanks guys,

I guess I will go down to Fleetpride this week and see if they have anything close in stock. There is also a RV shop close by, I can try them aswell. I am looking for a direct fit without a lot of modification, yet i cant always get what I want.

OD_Coyote

I think I may have found a source for locking door handles similar to the ones at the link Flea posted above, but I won't know until they arrive later this week.
I have installed (2) sets of the chrome locking handles and it is a pretty easy task.
FWIW - The mounting hole spacing on the chrome handles is a little farther apart than the oringinal deuce handles, so I take a needle file and slot the holes on the handles.2cents

saddamsnightmare

September 16th, 2015.

You can lock: 1. The steering wheel with hardened chain welded to a seat mounting bolt & 1 padlock. 2. You can lock the Master Switch and engine shut off handle with one padlock.3. You can lock the handbrake lever with an adapted, hasp & 1 padlock; 4. You can lock the transfer case in low range with an adapter hasp & padlock... Any other suggestions? At this point the puppy's gotta get through at least 4 padlocks to start and move the truck, and I suspect an adapter could be made to lock the truck in low gear or reverse with one more padlock. Add a battery disconnect switch and a lock on the battery box door and you have 6 ways to make stealing a deuce to be unprofitable.

At this point, they might as well get a Landoll and haul it off for the work involved in stealing it. Just a thought!:shock:

pjwest03

I used a Flaming River battery lockout switch, my deuce already had a steering wheel chain welded in. Not going for the door locks as I don't want to encourage them to cut the soft top up. Also, scored a box of 10 keyed alike padlocks off a well known auction site.

tn250_the-big-switch-with-lock-out-fr1005.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks