• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 (ldt465) injector pump install questions

lawdog1623

Hello gents, its been a while since ive wrenched on my truck. Largely due to lack of funds. I finally got my new/refurb injector pump to replace the leaky pump i have on the truck. I need to bypass the fdc and ive already found the instructions on here for completing that particular part. Im curious to hear from people who have actually changed out their injector pump. How difficult is this task? Im not a mechanic although im no stranger to turning a wrench. I am armed with the technical manuals and i have a couple videos that i found on youtube to assist as well. Is this s job i should tackle on my own or should i call on an experienced mechanic friend of mine? My biggest concern is not doing something right and causing some serious damage to either the pump or the motor. Can any of you provide me with some guidance and possibly some first hand experience and things to avoid on this job? thanks all and god bless.

scooter01922

Its really not that bad. Been there and done that twice while lying in melting snow with water and oil dripping on me. Just read the instructions carefully and line everything up, triple check to make sure it all stays lined up too. There are some odd angles and some things that will make you curse a bit but nothing i would say would stump anyone with some mechanical skill. Might be worth bringing your buddy on just for a spare set of hands. Can certainly be a one man job but one that can be easier with 2. Case in point just a set of eyes on top while you are under the truck can be nice, and also someone to pass tools otherwise you will be getting a workout. For things to avoid, watch the bolts that hold the gear on the front of the IP, you drop one of those and its going to be a long day. These same bolts will be difficult to get tightened back in place. With the timing marks correct there is spring pressure trying to move the pump relative to the gear while you are trying to get it to stay in one spot. Take you time and be patient and if you at any point come to a place where you are unsure just take some pics and post them on here and have a cold one, someone will point you in the right direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks