• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 licence plate lights

Lenny

I'm getting my recently acquired 71 Kaiser road worthy and I realized that there is no license plate light. I was just wondering what some of you guys have done to provide this. I'm sure that I can find something at a place like Autozone that would work after changing the lamp, but I'd like it to look like it "belongs" there if you know what I mean. Thanks, Lenny

pitpawten

I'm getting my recently acquired 71 Kaiser road worthy and I realized that there is no license plate light. I was just wondering what some of you guys have done to provide this. I'm sure that I can find something at a place like Autozone that would work after changing the lamp, but I'd like it to look like it "belongs" there if you know what I mean. Thanks, Lenny
I solved the plate illumination problem by keeping the plate in the glove box.

It is available upon request...haven't had any requests yet :D

TGP (IL)

Got a plate bracket with light from Napa.
Mounted it on the rear left splashguard up high under the bed.
Changed the bulb and wired it to the tail lamp.

Oh for good measure sprayed some OD on it to cover the black.

Tom

I solved the plate illumination problem by keeping the plate in the glove box.

It is available upon request...haven't had any requests yet :D
That's what I do, too.

I think it was Ferroequinologist who told me in that in SC, if the manufacturer didn't make a place to display the license plate, you don't have to display it (but have to have it).

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Summit Racing sell a pair of license plate bolts. The head of the bolt has a small light in it. The wires are routed through the center of the bolt, so all you see is the head of the bolt on the lic. plate side. They are about $22 for the pair. Very clean installation.

dmetalmiki

I used the number plate light assembly from a pre 60s car. Just changed the bulb, Looks in keeping painted green. It is mounted on the mudgaurd and wired to the rear light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks