• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 loss of power

donnie1939

hi i have owned my m35a2 for a year now and about six months ago it started having a loss of power at hight rpm when i am in the woods it runs grate but on the interstate you can tell it use to run upto 2700 rpm but now in 3rd,4th,5th it will only run bout 2400 so any ideas thanks

mudguppy

sounds like a lack of fuel. first thing i'd check is fuel filters. next, i'd check to make sure the lift pump is working. after that, cracked fuel lines.

stumps

... and don't forget to clean out your air filter! The faster the engine goes, the more air it needs.

-Chuck

donnie1939

thanks all fiiters are new lift pump is working i had the pump out of the tank and found that the top clamp on the rubber hose was loose so im hopeing that is it i have not got a chance to test drive yet

stumps

Yes, that needs mentioning too: 2700 RPM is a little bit above the redline for an LDT engine, and a lot above the RPMs you should be running if you want to have a nice long trouble free relationship with your LDT engine, that was probably assembled by some miscellaneous guy at Toole.

Check out all the threads that contain MF and rod...

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks