• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Master Cylinder Bleeding

wiggall

How do you bleed the Master Cylinder on a M35A2? I have checked the manuals, and I do not have access to a power bleeder.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bleed the air pack first and then each wheel, starting at the wheel farthest from the MC. Takes two people to do it manually and some time is involved. Be careful, it is very easy to empty the MC and get air back in the system and then you have to start over. Make sure you are using the correct type of fluid. The default is DOT 5, which is silicone. It is absolutely incompatible with DOT 3 or DOT4. Also, don't use DOT5A, which is different from DOT5.

davidb56

Bleed the air pack first and then each wheel, starting at the wheel farthest from the MC. Takes two people to do it manually and some time is involved. Be careful, it is very easy to empty the MC and get air back in the system and then you have to start over. Make sure you are using the correct type of fluid. The default is DOT 5, which is silicone. It is absolutely incompatible with DOT 3 or DOT4. Also, don't use DOT5A, which is different from DOT5.
yes. Good to point that out, autozone and others try to sell the DOT5A as DOT 5.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make yourself a pressure blender out of a weed sprayer. It’s pretty easy and it makes the job a lot faster and easier. There’s examples on here somewhere.
Kenny (recovry4x4) built the first one posted here. I built one 10 years ago based on his design. A quick disconnect makes for an easy time as I recall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks