• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Mini Light Kit info

emr

RE: Re: RE: M35A2 Mini Light Kit info

Now i dont know anything about these, but my 900 had some super cool marker lights right behind the front directionals, facing backwards, i have seen them on other 900 pics also, but were they on other vehicles, im sure why not??, if thats the ones ment here, i would also like to learn more about them???or any lights im not sure of for that matter... Randy

Jones

RE: Re: RE: M35A2 Mini Light Kit info

emr, are your small lights in marker light style housings? And are the lenses round or like the old marker light lenses? Our M939s have a marker light outboard of the parking light brackets but they face outward.
Just wondering if you've got the LED markers set-up as aux. turn signals; to warn vehicles beside you when you're ready to make a turn or lane change?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the TM callout for the Mini light kit. It was never a MWO, just an additional kit that could be added to the truck. I have mainly seen the kits on trucks that came back from Germany, along with the yellow/red corner reflectors. The lollipop light is something that is used mainly on wreckers.

It consists of 2 front marker lights, and 2 rear ones, and the lollopop.
All you really need thats "special" is the mounting brakets, and they are pretty easy to fab up from some sheetmetal. The rest is the standard lights, wire and clamps and the like.

I scavenged the 2 front marker light mounts (part #3) from a 900 series cargo truck, and wiring from old harnesses I had in the shop. If you use the rubber Y's (part 26) that Saturn has, you dont need to cut and splice wiring. I wired my blinker lights to the front side markers for extra safety. Part #52 is the rear light mount bracket

NSN is 6220-01-195-9544, cost is $600+ for what Uncle Sam paid. Good luck finding a complete kit. Probably MUCH easier to find a 900 series truck with the brackets or fab your own.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the marker lights are around $12 each, red or yellow, it figures uncle would pay that much (600) i like the bracket fig # 3

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The $600 kit includes all the lights, wiring, hardware, the special brackets, ect.. Also, the marker lights are NOT $12 GOVT cost, they are $8.20 each..

Here is a picture of a M923 with the lights. The Army designed the kit as standard equipment on the M900's, thats why they have the 2nd set of lights on the bed. Look on the underneath of the bed, just forward of where the dropside starts, and just forward of the angled part of the bed comes down.

Attachments

pjvargas

Everyone's right on the light kit parts and the diagram shows that.
US Army Tank & Automotive Command drawing 19207-12301023 titled KIT, MINI LIGHTING drawn in 1984 by AM General lists all the parts in the kit. It shows drawing part number 19207-12301024 titled INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for the Kit, Mini Lighting.
Does anyone have a copy of that drrawing 12301024 they can post or e-mail?

Michael

I actually have a box with parts 13 to 31 in it. Part 20 is unpainted. My box doesn't have any paperwork in it. I think I got it in a big triwall box from DRMO a long time ago. I don't really want to sell it unless someone wants to give me $600 for it, shoot, I would even take $300 since it is only half a set. :)

I took the two parts on the lid out of it to wire my tag light. The picture is to remind me were they came from and that I need to replace them.

Attachments