• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 on E-bay (auction over)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=260170860734&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016
Maybe this won't get me in trouble with the mods. The auction is over.
I wonder why no one bid on this? It looks like a pretty good truck. I know if I was closer I'd have been all over it. The way I understood it was the starting bid was $1,000 with no reserve and not one bid. Were all ya'll asleep or am I missing something?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
m16ty said:
I know if I was closer I'd have been all over it.
The location probably hurt it a lot. Kansas probably has a lot less potential bidders than say, Georgia or California. If that truck were on the East or West Coast, it would probably have gone up. Remember how retarded shipping fees have become.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The title thing is a killer... No paperwork, no nothing.. That scares people, and in many states no paperwork = BIG PITA.......

As is, where is... All depends on if the buyer wants to jump in and drive it home, or what..

Atleast from GL, you can get a title (and if not, they state so) and I think ebay buyers and GL buyers are 2 different types of people...

Just my .02.....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It probably didn't help it any that it was tan :p

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,No title from GL and No title from Civy are 2 different things.If no title from GL then you know it isn't stolen or illegal in anyway.Civy,it could have cruised off the base one night and never came back.Also,if you get one from GL you know it doesn't have a Title but for a small fee and a little paperwork you can always GET one.In civy land,if it doesn't have a title and your state requires one your screwed!use it as a parts truck.....Or buy a cheap totally rusted or beat down truck for next to nothing and swap dash plates.....ummm,but you didn't hear that from me!

Michael

ONLY REASON THE TRUCK IS NOT RUNNING RIGHT NOW IS DUE TO THE HIGH PRESSURE HEAD IN THE MAIN FUEL PUMP HAS GONE OUT.
This is the worst thing I see in the ad. Does that mean the fuel injector pump is bad? Isn't that a fairly expensive repair? He isn't really clear and has kind of a pissy tone. Not what the typical ebayer wants to hear.

Michael

I do a lot of my own work, but the injector pump scares me for some reason. I was thinking $1200 plus if you hired it out to someone else.

Jake0147

Why is it scary? Maybe I'm a chicken, but when the same truck is listed under several auction numbers at the same time, it frightens me.

Michael

He isn't actually listing the truck 3 times, but is selling the bows in one and the canvas which he is saying is NOS in another. He is using the same pictures for all three and he does say the truck comes with bows and canvas. That is a problem.

dmetalmiki

feul I.Pumps

I see many questions from folks wanting fuel pumps and quoting big dollars for them..yet enthusiasts over here are having them SHIPPED from usa DEALERS with an inclusive cost around $350!...friend of mine was so (thus) impressed he bought TWO from the same dealer!

Michael

RE: feul I.Pumps

It is the $100/hr labor to pull the old pump, then the shipping to get it rebuilt and shipped back then the labor to put it back on. Not to mention the cost for the rebuild is higher than the cost of a surplus pump. At least that my preconceived idea of how I think it is, I haven't actually had one done this way. :)