• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 or A3 ?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to the forum and I am looking for some advice . I am currently finishing up restoration of my 1953 M37 W/W and after having been bitten by the OD BUG , I am looking for my next project . My question is what is the better MV to purchase , a M35A2 or A3 ? I have been looking at the pulses and minuses of both on the Deuce forum . I want a stock M35 , no bobber's or any thing like that . I have been told if I go with a A2 I should go for a 1D multi-fuel engine . I like the newer A3's for the comfort ( ya right ) auto ,Cat engine ,etc ,but you have to watch for trouble with the Allison trans.(engine oil in the trans,what were they thinking ?) The A2'2 and A2C's are still available on GL ,along with a LOT of A3's lately . Why is DOD getting rid of the A3's ,some look almost new .I like the A3 for The Cat engine and Allison trans , but the multi-fuel has been around a long time . I want to keep myself from making a big (expensive ) mistake . I am a ASE master auto-truck tech so wrenching is not a problem , I know which end of the BFH to use , but I am more looking for a ride and drive . At this point I am open to any and all info I can get . I have been reading all the posts on the deuce's to get as much info as possible . I should add that I have not done much maintenance on a deuce ,rode in them ,but that's about it . thanks Bob K

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Welcome to steel soldiers.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be mean or talk bad about a new guy or anything like that, but, if you have been reading about the pros and cons of each in other threads, how is starting another one asking the same ?'s going to influence your decision anymore one way or the other?

03silverado

Having seen both the A2 and A3 deuces i would go with the A3 they do have some problems with that CTIS but im sure that can be fixed properley. The A3's are much newer being they were rebuilt in the early 90's as part of the extended service program they are much nicer on the inside as well. A2 are also good so dont get me wrong but for comfort i would get an A3

KsM715

Welcome to steel soldiers.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be mean or talk bad about a new guy or anything like that, but, if you have been reading about the pros and cons of each in other threads, how is starting another one asking the same ?'s going to influence your decision anymore one way or the other?
:ditto: This very question was asked yesterday.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/69380-m35-a2-vs-m35-a3.html Notice Moderator clinto's reply

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am leaning to a A3 , Just trying to pick up a few tips that I should look for when I fimd a good canodate . Ther is a LOT of info on this site , just trying to boil it down some . I will be going to Dayton later this year ,should be able to get a line a something .

03silverado

When i picked up my M813A1 from Ft. Meade in MD. i got to drive an A3 and was very impressed with it. Take this from experience NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY A PIG IN A POKE ALWAYS GO AND PREVIEW YOUR TRUCK EVEN IF YOU MUST TAKE OFF WORK ITS WAY WORTH IT AND MAY JUST CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT THE TRUCK YOU SAW ONLINE SEEING IT IN PERSON. not so much impressed with the A2 handled poorly and not power steering really really really sucks thats why i have a 5ton i can turn my wheel whit one finger if i wished.

:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks