• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 overdrive transmission in so. cal.??

UglyJeep

Thanks! I have allready spoken with Av truck & equipment, and they want $450 for a take-out. Barstow hasn't yet replied to my email. I'll probably have to give them a call.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get with WillWagner and see if they are going to see the brothers anytime soon, that might be an option. Then again, I don'r know where S Cali starts and ends

beaubeau

M35A2 trans.

I was moving one of my vehicles today, a 1997 Topkick with a 6spdOD tranny. I never looked, but I think that tranny would be a good candidate for a Deuce. Might be more plentiful and maybe less expencive. !!!???

UglyJeep

Just got an email from barstow truck parts - "$550.00 outright for a used takeout. I may have some new/rebuilt for around $1500.00" :shock:
AV told me I could get a rebuilt one from them for around $900!

Are "the brothers" that yard in fontana I've read about on here?

I keep seeing these transmissions on the east coast for $100 - $150 - why are they so much out here?!? I'd think that they'd be cheaper at barstow with all the m35's that come out of the Marine base there.

UglyJeep

And I could pull the trans and sell the axles for the price of the truck. I've thought about it, but I know if I bought the dang thing I wouldn't have the heart to tear it apart. :roll: I really don't need another project (I'd like one but there is a certain someone who would make my life miserable :wink: ).