• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Parker Fuel Pump Install

Hello All,

What’s the trick to getting the Parker 1C20-10 fuel pump to fit in the original mount? Either it’s too fat with the old rubber gasket and metal half moon pieces, or it’s too loose using just the new rubber gasket. The original bail just doesn’t seem to be happy. Anyone done this that can help?

Jeepsinker

I don't remember ever having an issue doing it. I know I reuse the original rubber. Can't remember if I reuse the metal shell or not but I don't specifically remember omitting it. I do remember it being more difficult to clamp.

Issue I’m having is that my Parker pump didn’t seem to come with the metal ring that goes around the rubber mounting bushing. If this was with it all, it seems to me it would just fly together. The original pump is just a little smaller in diameter than the replacement it seems.

fpchief

Are you 100% sure that you have the parker pump that most of us have used? There are ALOT of different parker pumps. I have installed two of them and do not recall any issues at all with installing it. I literally popped the strap deal holding it in, took out a couple of screws and put the new one in. I replaced the rubber hose on both. Send pics if you need to. I just cant imagine it not popping right in.

Privatewrench

This is a pic of the parker pump I installed in my deuce. Snapped right into existing bracket with no issues. Does your look like this one?
20190929_212512.jpg

Dukeman

okay, where are you guys getting these pumps. The only source I can find is aircraft supply and they don't want to sell to an individual.

Beyond Biodiesel

Thanks for the great photos. I have a Parker pump I plan to put into my M756A2, but I don't get the electrical connection. It looks to me like you were able to switch the cable from the old Olympus pump to the Parker pump, which comes with a different electrical connector than the old deuce has. So, how do we make that cable switch work?

Beyond Biodiesel

In that 1969 M35A2 the connections made up perfect. All of the Bradley Parker pumps I had all had the proper connection for that truck.
Thanks for the reply. My Parker fuel pump came with a bayonet connector, so I guess I'll buy a mating bayonet connector and connect it to the wires coming from the old M35A2 style connector and put that adapter into the fuel tank.

The other option is I noticed that the Parker fuel pump has a connector on the top side of it which could be plugged in the correct wire assembly with connector if someone has the proper wire assembly with the correct connector available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks