• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 passenger seat

M35a2duece

Hello. I have an m35a2. Completely stock. Wife hates riding shotgun cause the passengers side seat sucks. To me, looks like my drivers side spring ride seat would fit on the passengers side..... So. If I bought another spring ride seat, would it bolt in? Has anyone done this?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
No, it will not "bolt right in" but it is worth the effort. Have to drill two holes and use good bolts. It does make it so much easier to work on the PM's under the tunnel pieces!

jbayer

Not a direct bolt in. Yes, with some drilling, and or welding. Yes I've done it. If you don't want to drill new holes in your floor(which I did not want) you have to weld on some tabs on the seat base to pick up the existing floor holes.
seat1a.jpgSEAT1.jpgDual_seats.jpg
Same reason too, "happy wife, happy life".

Last edited:

M35a2duece

Thanks guys! That's awesome! Pictures are super helpful too! I am definitely gonna give it a try! Happy wife happy life is right lol. Means more time behind the wheel of the duece Lol.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My deuce had the standard spring ride drivers seat and passenger bench. When I got an M44A3 drivers seat, I put the stock spring ride on the right side. And it was that way for a year or so, until I rode in it while my Dad drove.

What I found was that the spring ride upright is sooo vertical, that without the steering wheel "holding" me in place, I felt like I was falling forward the entire time. It was not comfortable at all. I rectified this by putting an M44A3 seat assy. (without the base) on the spring ride base. Required adapter brackets.

YMMV

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Unless you are a purist this is what I did with the M109 deuce I had. I went to a body shop that had a bunch of junk Dodge Neons sitting around and bought a set of front bucket seats out of one.

I fabbed mounts for them from angle iron and used all thread and galvanized pipe (for spacers) to mount them in.

That was one smooth riding military truck.

rustystud

My deuce had the standard spring ride drivers seat and passenger bench. When I got an M44A3 drivers seat, I put the stock spring ride on the right side. And it was that way for a year or so, until I rode in it while my Dad drove.

What I found was that the spring ride upright is sooo vertical, that without the steering wheel "holding" me in place, I felt like I was falling forward the entire time. It was not comfortable at all. I rectified this by putting an M44A3 seat assy. (without the base) on the spring ride base. Required adapter brackets.

YMMV
Mine did the same thing, so I installed "shims" under the front seat bolts to tilt the seat back. Works fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks