• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 pieces n parts needed in Colorado

WarCloud

Hey guys..
My Deuce has developed some issues I need to address before this coming Winter.

First, my generator / regulator unit fried. Toast. Need new unit or good take-off.

Second, my trans lost 4th gear. Will not shift to 4th. Need a switch-out trans.

third, would like to locate full set of bows and canvas w. ends.

Its' a great deuce and I got it with low hours and miles, so these failures are a bit puzzling to me. This truck is solid and had little hard use in its' life, starts up almost instantly, everything works but these mentioned items.

Anyone with a generator unit and / or trans they'd like to sell, contact me roberts@darkstarprods.com

OH..it's a '66 AM-General M35A2 all-fuel.

WarCloud

Wow..you guys are good. Workin on a bow set already.

Where do I post to get one of those 10KW diesel generator units for my ranch? I bet you guys know where I can score one of those too..other than jumping through flaming hoops with GL that is.

nattieleather

Is it a generator with a seperate voltage regulator or is it an altinator with the internal voltage regulator. The quickest way to tell at a glance is to look at the unit and see if it has three wires going to it one kinda thick, one small and one that is the ground. Or does it have an elbow on top with a big fat cable (like 1.25" around). If it is the three wires then it's the altinator, if it is the fat cable then it's the generator with seperate voltage regulator. The reason I'm asking is so if someone has the parts they will be able to help you get the right part. If it is the generator it might just be the voltage regulator that is bad. If its the altinator you might be able to fix the internal voltage regulator. Also you can check the altinator and see if you have 24V on the small wire going to the unit. That is the excitor wire and if the wire is broken and not getting 24V to the alt you wont get any power out put. Get the -20 manual it will help you troubleshoot your electrical issues.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The low hours/miles cant match 42 years of exposure to the elements, corrosion, lack of maintaince, etc..........................

WarCloud

It's an alternator unit..one fat wire, one thin, and a ground strap. No big housings on it or elbows..it has a ventilated rear end that looks like where the diode pack / inverter lives.
The ground wire worked loose while driving, lifted the unit off ground, and POOOF..no more diodes.

The truck is old, but surprisingly solid..had total depot overhaul and rustproofing less than 10 yrs ago and was last marked for an HQ Btn, so I'm thinking it was a motor pool statue.

Will the 60 amp HumVee alternator sub for this? Lots of those around.