• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 questions

FloridaAKM

So you are back on the buyers market with fist full of cash. Keep looking till you find what YOU want, have it checked out & make a deal that you can live with. The truck that you want is out there, but becoming more scarce as time goes on. You will find it & keep posting as your travels unfold. Don't give up!

roveroverme

Banned
The place that sold that one actually has two more, that are running and it slightly better condition.
I will put in an offer for one of those. BTW would someone here maybe be interested in the second one? I think I have overheard that they are 1974 models.

RAYZER

That one's a little crusty and appears to have a sprag transfer case.
Does it have a title?
I'd pay $1500.00, maybe $1000.00.

Last edited:

roveroverme

Banned
Yes, does have a Florida title. What is a Sprag Transfercase?
Just to keep it real the truck I didn't buy sold for just under 2 grand and it wasn't running. I doubt I will get a running one for $1500 or even $1000

mikey

You will never get an accurate answer with a "what's this worth?" thread with a few pictures. First you have a diverse group of opinions and secondly, none of us have looked the truck over or kicked the tires. The question really is, what's it worth to you? And none of us can answer that. The truck that already sold may have sold for more than some here said it was worth. But until you hear from the new owner on everything he had to fix or replace and how much it cost him to get it running, you'll still never know whether scrap value was fair or whether you missed a good deal.

You should really try to reach out to a local SS member to go with you and view these trucks. Without going through the engine, the cab, the wheels and without hearing it run, its virtually impossible for anyone here to give you a price for someone else's truck and I'm sure nobody wants to give you a price that you go by only to find out when you get the truck home that you need to spend $2k more to get it running right.

Mikey

Another Ahab

This is what the other Deuce looks like. How much is that one worth?
Nobody likes doing homework, but if you don't you set yourself up for a whole lot of trouble.

I know because I DID the homework (but maybe not as much as I should have), and still got tangled.

You need to go through as many of the "Buying My First Deuce" threads as you can, bring yourself up to speed:

- And THEN start asking questions.

- Whole lot of expertise here to answer your questions, but truthfully you are mostly wasting people's time here with the level of your questioning.

- Do the homework first, then come back. It'll help you, big time.

Where you are at now is like asking people, "How long is a piece of string?"

string.jpg

skinnyR1

I have over $9K invested in mine...
paid $5500, spent about $4000 to get a new engine in it...
I will never get out near what I have invested...
but its for "me".. some people buy one, make it pretty and try to get $20-50,000 or MORE on it....
CRAZY.
I may spend another $5000 to get wheels, tires, and a few other things on mine.
Just "my numbers".... others have spent much more, and some have great luck on a $1500 rig....
your mileage may vary...
That's not how I want to do my purchase.
Unless you are prepared for a situation like this, I would steer clear of OD iron entirely. I had a similar experience as TsGtB.

When I was first looking for a truck, I always wondered why so many people were trying to sell them after only owning them for a year or so. Why would you buy a truck like this, have it for only a year, and then sell it? For me, it takes years just to make it my own.

Now that I have owned one for a period of time, and have experienced the maintenance and troubles required, I fully understand. Once people half cocked realize the requirements, they jump ship. These trucks are maintenance intensive, require alot of hands on, and may require a deep wallet. At minimum, if you don't have the time to tinker and work on it yourself, or are not committed to do so, stay clear. Most of the parts can be fairly cheap, but the labor if paying someone else to do it is not.

Even after it is road worthy, expect to find something new to maintain or fix each and every time you drive it. It is just the nature of old trucks.

Now, if you see this as a hobby, and you have the money budgeted for it, jump in with both feet. But please, do not try to buy a rock bottom dollar truck, and expect to drive it around with minimal extra costs. A $2k truck is going to need multiple times that to make it "safe" for the road. It has been sitting around for decades, and the condition, I am sure, will reflect that.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to keep it real the truck I didn't buy sold for just under 2 grand and it wasn't running. I doubt I will get a running one for $1500 or even $1000
Just the axles will sell for at least a $1000 , the days of the cheap deuces are gone .

Another Ahab

Stick with us all here, we want you around:

- But it ain't all Recess

- You owe it to yourself to spend some time in the "Library"

grade.jpg

Last edited:

roveroverme

Banned
I picked the truck I may want to buy (the 3rd one… haven't posted the pictures, yet- but I will if I purchase that truck.)
I posted the other one in case someone here wants it. As far as the sale is concerned. If there is an interest then tell me how much you like to pay and I will relate the offer to the seller.
There is no benefit for me in it apart from doing a favor in return for the help I am getting here. I didn't post the sellers name , as I don't want to get in trouble with the seller or the moderators here.