• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 Ram Air Snorkel

The people who sell these are in Australia and are not selling them on ebay right now. I do not have a part number and nothing is on the scoop but the Donaldson logo. The Donaldson catalog does not list these in 4 inch.

harleyhouse

Donaldson Air Intake Ram Scoop 102mm or 4.00in ID 2940 | eBay

New Donaldson Air Intake Ram to fit 102mm or 4.00in OD Tube - A unique solution to intake system moisture problems - the donaldson intake ram is a unique intake accessory to replace conventional air stack caps. It has many inbuilt features that help you solve problems and save money - Removes 90% of moisture from the intake air - eliminates moisture problems - Unique Air Ram effect reduces the air intake restriction - of up to 5" H2O at highway speeds - significantly increases air filter element life - Reduces soot recirculation- the forward facing position prevents re-entry of sooty air - extends element life - Lightweight - corrosion resistant - Installation - the air ram fits in place of conventional air stack caps - it clamps tightly down over the intake stack, facing forward over the cab - a 10in / 250mm minimum clearance between the air ram and the roof prevents moisture pickup from the roof, and the forward facing position minimises soot recirculation from the turbulent area between cab and trailer - This offer is for one 4in air ram our part number ARM2940 - Numerous applications

I looked up the part number in the Donaldson Australia catalog it is H008154. This number is not in the US catalog and I have never seen another 4 inch besides mine. the ARM2940 number is just a retailers part number.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting I used to own a Mooney plane that had a ram air lever that opened up an intake in the front of the nose, that air would then bypass the filter assembly it was good for another 3 inches of manifold pressure at 10K feet, the plane was also traveling at 170 MPH at 48 MPH??? It does look cool though
KK

DeucesWild11

I put in a request on their site for a US distributor of the one we need for our trucks. I'll post the response when I get it.. Hopefully I can get a seller here in the US..

DatGuyC

Anyone think about using a pre-cleaner instead of a snorkel, like the Donaldson TopSpin? I don't have any experience using them but from what I've read they seem interesting.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this negatively affect the performance when your backing up?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks