• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 recovery 5/17/14 Concord NC to Wilmington NC emergency contact JIC

stupidwhitecat

Hello all, new here. Have been lurking around for awhile trying to absorb as much info as possible. This Saturday (5/17) I will be going to pick up a new to me deuce. I will be making the trip back with it from Concord NC to Wilmington NC. I am purchasing from a SS member. I have already looked over the truck and it looks road worthy. Just looking to make any contacts along the way in case of emergency. Will be followed by a “chase vehicle” with tools, spare filters, belts, oil/fluids etc. Pretty much will be taking 52-S to 74-E, then 74 most of the way home.

Thanks,

Adam

tstates

Congrats on the new Rig. I live in Tega Cay, SC. About 40 minutes away. If you were in a pickle, I may be of some help. I have a friend with a tow bar in an emergency. Good luck. I have a 931 that tows real nice. already towed a bobbed deuce. Was no problem. Have fun with it!!

FloridaAKM

Welcome to the Green Iron madness from Florida & enjoy your new found hobby! It seems like you have all your ducks in a row for the trip home, so post some pictures of your new gal so we can all share your enthusiasm. Remember to take pictures on the way home, to!

swede69

check out the ss map you may find some members on the way,i contacted several between ft.mcoy and winston-salem nc, but didnt need them but they were there.good driving,jon

stupidwhitecat

Happy to report we made the 200 mile trip home without incident. The truck ran great the whole way. The weather was PERFECT. Forgot to take some in route shots but snapped a few after we got home. All in all couldn't have asked for a better maiden voyage.