• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 recovery

eagle4g63

Well I got to help with the delinquency of a friend :lol:. Yesterday my buddy, his brother, and I went down to Djones' house to look over his truck he was selling......Needless to say my buddy(Mike) picked up the truck and was a happy camper the whole ride home.

I drove the truck almost the whole way, and I have to say that thing purred like a kitten!!! Dave really took great care of his truck and I am very happy we were the ones that got to buy it. We also met up with Indy4x4 there to also bring back a trailer(m105) for my other buddy(gungearz) who lives just minutes from me.

After the long day we had Mike had one of those smiles you get "PLASTERED" on his face, I think it will be a long time before he stops smiling.

I had to take a quick pic of Mike next to the new toy just so he and I can show off a little bit. Also a little larger pic with Indy's rig next to it.......man I LOVE that 818.....one of these days I'll get the wife on board with me getting one[thumbzup]

I think I also have him talked into coming to the fall Haspin run with us, yea another truck for the convoy:driver::jumpin:

Attachments

eagle4g63

I have to share the pics I took yesterday, He was so excited.....plated the truck, came back to my house and had to put the bows together and install the top. We also changed out the 4 tires on the middle axle with the new tires and rims I had on one of my trailers (forgot to mention that Indy hooked us up with a nice like new front tire for the passenger side).....He also ordered the brand new "J" pipe for it and changed the oil. He's also talking about ordering a bunch of paint so we can repaint it like new......I think I created a monsteraua:shock:

I gotta say you sold us a very nice truck, THANKS AGAIN DAVE.......definitely won't forget you.....it was nice meeting you and I hope we see you again. You are always welcome in my truck ANYTIME!!!

Attachments

montanadave13

Eagle, congrats on the super clean new toy. May I ask what winch and is it 12 or 24 volt? Because it looks like one of the cleanist installs I've seen so far. Again congrats on the truck.[thumbzup][thumbzup]
Dave

eagle4g63

DJones(Dave) would know better what brand, since he bought it, I can look for a name next time I am at the truck...........I know it is a 12,000 lb, and 12 volt. It was just installed by Dave right before we bought the truck from him...........It was a GREAT install, one of the nicest I have seen.