• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Seat and Mirror Questions

historyfanatics

Okay folks, I have some good questions for you.

First, the truck is a 1971 M35A2 with a depot rebuild date of 1989. It has the later engine, the 465 (I thnk) and is a turbo-diesel (a real screamer).

I am converting the truck to Viet Nam for the quad project I am working on. It is not a transportation truck or logistics. It is an artillery truck - Air Defense Artillery. So, although a lot is the same, a lot is different.

I know I have to replace the composite lamps on the front, and already have the correct cat's eyes to replace them with. I am leaving the composite lamps on the rear for safety reasons.

Now, on to the questions:

I understand these trucks were originally designed around the physique of a 19-20 year old skinny kid. That is something I am not.:smile: Is there a way to back the seat up even more (it is already at its rearmost position) or is there a substitute seat?

I do have a driver for the truck that can fit behind the wheel. But, I need to be able to drive it at times when he's not available.

Any suggestions?

My next question deals with the mirrors. The truck currently has the West Coast mirrors on it. These are not correct for what I am trying to do. I have photos of the specific truck I am rying to replicate, plus original crewmembers. Does anybody know where I can get the earlier mirrors - either the single arm or the single arm with brace? I have located the mirror heads. Now, I just need the arms for both sides.

As soon as I get further along, I'll post some photos. Until then, you can keep up with the project on my website at www.HistoryFanatics.net.

Thanks,
Robert
www.HistoryFanatics.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks