• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 seatbelt laws

jerrysegalla

A Los Angles County sheriff told me that it was legal to have passengers in the back of my 1974 M35A2 truck without seatbelts because it was made before the seatbelt law and it was obviously made for hauling people. However, a California Highway Patrol officer gave me a ticket when I had a couple of men in the back of my truck driving through town. Does anyone know for sure if it is legal? Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak intellegently for California law but here's an approach to consider. Take the ticket to court but once at the proceeding, change your plea to no contest and use the opportunity for clarification from the Judge/Magistrate and to explain your situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks