• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 size comparison (pics)

I was loading the flat deuce tire into my pick up truck today (man those wheels/tires are pretty heavy) to take it to replace the tube tomorrow and i figured i'd snap a few pics for comparison for those looking who may not be familiar with the size of them. Counting my pintle hitch on my crew cab longbed silverado they are exactly the same length. The cab is the same height as my International box truck. They really arent that big, the locked rear axles just drive the trucks forward making a bad turning radius and not having power steering makes it feel bigger but its really not.

Attachments

Oh no im sorry, i mean they are driveline locked front to rear, some tractor trailers i have driven have air lockers which engages the rear drive axle. leaving it unlocked makes it much easier to steer and back trailers. The deuce never came with a way to disengage the rear axle that i know of

I would not think you would ever want lockers on twin drive axles, you would almost never be able to turn. unless you can air lock them, i wouldnt install spools. Spools on steering axles arent much use either, i would get air lockers, but never a spool.

My wife also pointed out the number on the front of the truck today day asking me "Why did you change it to 69? You're so dumb." I actually didnt change it, what were these numbers for anyway? Just a fleet number?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Oh no im sorry, i mean they are driveline locked front to rear, some tractor trailers i have driven have air lockers which engages the rear drive axle. leaving it unlocked makes it much easier to steer and back trailers. The deuce never came with a way to disengage the rear axle that i know of
That is a power divider the air locker axle makes the axle solid, you can have air lockers for the axles with/without a power divider.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its a "bridge plate". It let the injuneers know what kind of weight was getting ready to cross their temp bridges. They put a "C" on top for combo, when you had a trailer attached.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M35A2 weighs about the same as 245 Bushels of Onions.

Reactions: HDN
Oh power divider, sorry never knew the terminology. The switches always said "Axle Lock" in the Sterlings and many times in snow i cursed them not being and axle lock.

Haha so someone just changed my front weight numbers to 69, i see. That's pretty cool though. I thought it was a platoon fleet number or something to identify the trucks since theyd all look the same. i guess thats what the bumper numbers were for.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I see the "69" on bridge plates, I thought it was the drivers IQ.

IQ RangeClassification

140 and overGenius or near genius
120-140Very superior intelligence
110-120Superior intelligence
90-110Normal or average intelligence
80-90Dullness
70-80Borderline deficiencyBelow
70Definite feeble-mindedness​

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks