• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Speedometer

bigguy6100

I have a 1970 Kaiser that I've had for a couple years. The whole time, except for one day of perfect operation, I havent had a working speedometer. It does nothing. I know the head and cable are fine, i removed the cable from the adapter at the transfer case and it operated as it should. I made sure to grease the adapter at its grease fitting, but to no avail. My quick question is, aside from the head and cable, what is the more common problem, a faulty adapter at the transfer case, or something internal to the transfer case. The speedometer isnt something essential to me, I know by RPM what my groundspeed is, it just erks me that I have a gauge that doesnt work. I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money to tell me how fast im going (i.e. taking the xfer case apart), which is why I was wondering is it more common for the adapter or something internal to fail. Thanks for the help
Greyson

bigguy6100

The cable looks like a pain in the butt to re route back up thru the floor to the gauge cluster. When I tested my cable and speedo head it didnt wobble and worked smoothly, so hopefully I'll get lucky and itll just be the adapter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks