• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 stacks moved

msghall1229

Anyone moved stack on a a2 from side to behind cab. Making it into a 2 stack system. If you did where do you have it done?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I did what you describe. I used the stack that used to be at the fender. I cut it right after the 90 at the bottom and mounted it behind the cab. I left the part that attaches to the turbocharger in place. I joined the two cut pipes using a 90 towards the rear, a long straight pipe under the battery box, and a piece of flex connecting the straight to the turbo stub piece. Reduces the noise in the cab somewhat.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I did it on my bobber. One of our fellow members still has it.

I fabbed the stacks from two Marine Corps HUMVEE fording exhaust pipes and ran flex pipe from the turbo to the splitter I made from scratch.

It sounded pretty good.

Tried to find a pic but no joy.

red

Routed the exhaust on my old m35a2 to exit at the end of the bed. Stepped up to 4" tubing.

Ran it between the battery box and the cab floorboards.

IMG_20150124_161551585_HDR.jpg

ranchhopper

Here is the bobbed deuce I put a V8 caterpillar into since I had to raise the whole body three inches I ran a straight pipe under the cab and used a tee behind the cab for dual stacks sorry I didn't have a better picture.

Attachments