• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Starting Batteries, Replacement of,

saddamsnightmare

February 3rd, 2008.

Thanks again, Gentlemen! I'll get back to you with the current price in Texas and IF they are available to us civiliians. I would like to stick with the government type issue items, as my truck serves as a rolling educational exhibit, the other reason is that I want to make as few non GI modifications as is possible. See thread in Duece section on M35A2 brake system technical challenge- I am willing to modify to the standard of the Modified M44A2 2-1/2 ton trucks, Split air-hydraulic brake system, as that is a maintenance and safety issue with me, and it would reflect a truck that went through ESP in the mid to late 1990's.

I'll kick back in tomorrow or Tuesday with more information.

N.B. I do believe that the M16A2 with 5.56 MM, is considered secondary service in Iraq and Kuwait due to its notorious inability to handle dirt, sand and distance shots, but Armyman30years, can weigh in better then I can on that one.

With great respect for the insights and knowledge always available here,

I remain,
Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan
1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce and a Half. rofl

cbvet

I guess 6TLs are necessary if you want original equipment, but my M813 with the Cummins 855 cube engine does just fine using two group 31 batteries. About $75 each.
I sometimes have to crank it quite a while in the cold weather, & the batteries have held up.
Eric
CBVET