• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Stock Oil Filter Torque Specs Needed!

dropaduece

Dear Members,

I recently purchased my first m35a2 and am currently trying to freshen up everything. I would like to change the oil. I have the filters and 30w oil yet I read on here that it is very important to tighten the filters down to specs. I dont have a manual. Can anyone tell me how much to torque the filters down to? Any advice or info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Seth

Seth@sk-creations.com

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! Let's see some pics of your Deuce.

I believe the spec is 60 ft. lbs.

acetomatoco

I would be using 15-40 Diesel Rated Oil, unless you live and work in the tropics. Gummint started using it instead of the 10 winter 30 summer in about 1970. Probably is stencilled "use 15-40 oil only" inside the hood. As you are a newbie, be advised there are three fuel filters to deal with and two engine oil drain plugs. Repro manuals are available thru Portrayal Press, they advertise in AM SL and MV.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't spin the cans when you tighten the bolt!(they will damage the gaskets)
Manuals are available in the resource section at the top of the page. There is a search function also. Welcome to SS.

nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks