• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 tire valve stem

MATT

I am removing the Central Tire Inflation system on our M35A3's because they constantly leak down while sitting. The axle seals seem to be mostly o-rings, is this going to be reliable?

I would like to remove the current valve stem assembly and replace it with a normal style valve stem- to make it simple. Anyone done any of this yet?

Thanks-

Westech

CPL
Just take off the A3 rims and put on M34 (super single split ring) or stock dual deuce rims. If you want to convert the A3 rim all you need is a couple brass fittings. Its not a hard change over, just look at the rim and see what you need. GIJoezcar did that to one of his A3's while he was fixing the CTIS.

MATT

I want to use the A3 wheels. What about the inner axle seals? It is just an o-ring, it seems like they will leak....

Westech

CPL
they dont leak if you install the with a little Grease or if you really want them to seal use BLUE RTV, but if you have to get them apart its a BI&CH! The grease works well. I have one tire that I have not had to add air in 3 years. The others I check before I take it out and have to add some from time to time, but its not bad.

MATT

Great! I will get some new inner hub o-rings, outer wheel seals, the spindle corks and re-pack the bearings. Thanks