• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 to M35A3 Fuel Tank Conversion

gary1978

I am looking at the option of changing out my leaky steel fuel tank in my bobbed M35A2 for the aluminum A3 fuel tank, but the only ones I can find are NOS, and stripped. Does anyone know what other "A3" parts I'd need to swap over to make the A3 tank work on my Deuce? Looks like the fuel pump, fuel tank sending unit and the fuel cap need to be changed, but I don't know if the brackets or straps will work or if I need those (and other parts) too. If I need to "populate" a stripped A3 tank with too many specific A3 parts, it might be cheaper for me to just buy a new A2 tank and use my existing A2 tank hardware. But I'd sure prefer the aluminum tank.

Gary1978 in Elkmont, AL

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking at the option of changing out my leaky steel fuel tank in my bobbed M35A2 for the aluminum A3 fuel tank, but the only ones I can find are NOS, and stripped. Does anyone know what other "A3" parts I'd need to swap over to make the A3 tank work on my Deuce? Looks like the fuel pump, fuel tank sending unit and the fuel cap need to be changed, but I don't know if the brackets or straps will work or if I need those (and other parts) too. If I need to "populate" a stripped A3 tank with too many specific A3 parts, it might be cheaper for me to just buy a new A2 tank and use my existing A2 tank hardware. But I'd sure prefer the aluminum tank.

Gary1978 in Elkmont, AL

Maybe look at a 939 series tractor tank 55gal or 81gal cargo tank. They are stainless. You wouldn't need the fuel pump. Sending unit would work the same.

@Elijah95 may have one in GA with brackets

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need all that is mentioned but they fit right in with no mods or effort. I did one (dual tanks) already had inline an inline pump and took the level sensor from my old one. Cap is different. But I think that is the way to go. No more worries about rust. Mine was nasty. Still have it but looking for another A3 tank.

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie

Maybe look at a 939 series tractor tank 55gal or 81gal cargo tank. They are stainless. You wouldn't need the fuel pump. Sending unit would work the same.

@Elijah95 may have one in GA with brackets
I do have a complete stainless m931 tank 55 gallon and a m923 stainless tank, both with brackets etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks