• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Transfer case pto

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold the last t-case PTO I had for $500. I think the trans PTO accessory drive sells for about the same.

jake1086

Wait, wait, wait, so to add to the confusion I have experienced (thought I had er figured out.) you can run a power take off from the transmission and the t case?

phil2968

Yes. The transmission pto is for the front winch. But wait there's more! Your truck can also be equipped with rear facing output shaft from that transmission pto! You can have 3 pto outputs on a deuce, 2 to the rear and one to the front!

Niknil

At the beginning of this thread, there were questions on sourcing the output flange for the deuce transfercase PTO. I was able to get one from Boyce Equipment. At the time i spoke with them, they still had at least one more in stock. There were 2 types: 1 with the 4 bolt flange and one with a yoke.

jake1086

Yes. The transmission pto is for the front winch. But wait there's more! Your truck can also be equipped with rear facing output shaft from that transmission pto! You can have 3 pto outputs on a deuce, 2 to the rear and one to the front!
I'm doing some searching and came across some of my first posts, tonight, I'm installing a transfer case PTO. What is the air line for that came with it? Also where does the big shaft with the bearings and the shaft bolt up behind the seat I assume with the handle on the right?..... It seems like I had more questions but I can't remember them now. I'll be back I'm sure

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm doing some searching and came across some of my first posts, tonight, I'm installing a transfer case PTO. What is the air line for that came with it? Also where does the big shaft with the bearings and the shaft bolt up behind the seat I assume with the handle on the right?..... It seems like I had more questions but I can't remember them now. I'll be back I'm sure
Not an air line, an oil line. Plumb it to the bottom of the t-case. It draws oil when the PTO is turning to prevent bearing damage. You can probably skip this if all you are driving is a rear winch. Big shaft with bearings is behind the seat like you said. There are holes already there for it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
See that oil pick-up tube explained, here...
And this post shows two of the holes you will use (#1)
The shifter/ handle goes on the left side, between door and e-brake lever.

G.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not an air line, an oil line. Plumb it to the bottom of the t-case. It draws oil when the PTO is turning to prevent bearing damage. You can probably skip this if all you are driving is a rear winch. Big shaft with bearings is behind the seat like you said. There are holes already there for it.
Not true, the pto is driven off the input shaft, the transfer gets oiled by the output shaft picking up oil, transferring it to input shaft while driving the truck, IF the transfer is run in NUTRAL the input shaft WILL NOT GET OILED, this will lead to DRY bearing and then DEAD bearings, the transfer pto oiler takes care of this issue.