• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 transmission problem

a-donof2

pickup a m35a2 deuce in louisville, ky:p for a friend of mine and drove it 300 miles up to southeaster ohio. No problems on trip until 10 miles from home, put trans into 5th gear and it pops out everytime you put power to it. I thought it might be from the trip and maybe it was overheated. Sat overnight and Start to work this morning and got about 1 mile down the road and (BANG) into neutral it go. It is only in 5th and if you hold the stick up in 5th gear there is no problem. No noise or chatter. Has anyone ever had anything like this before. Easy fix or complete replacement?

If anyone can help that would be great. Thank you for your time and patients.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would pull the top cover and check the forks. A fork may be bent or loose. Move the gears into 5th with the cover removed, then move shifter into 5th and see if the forks line up properly. Pulling the cover is easy and you can also get a good look at the gear condition.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
SYNCROS, 4th/5th, while at it change 2/3 as well, the fix is in the TMs

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also pick up a take-out transmission for a reasonable price if you trust the seller. That's what I did when my A2 transmission lost 5th gear. Mine shelled a lot of teeth. $200.00 for a takeout and no problems since.

jasonjc

Mine did that. I found on mine that the bushing that the grear rides on, the collar broke off and that let the grear move too far and it would pop out.

a-donof2

Sounds like I need to get my hands dirty and take the top cover off and inspect all this. We have a local cruise-in this weekend so we will get to it after that. Thank you for all your insight into this problem and if it is the synchos I may let you know (Garendfan) if we can't find a reasonable priced trans.

a-donof2

Garandfan,
you said you had 4/5 syncho and 2/3 syncho back in july. Wondering if you still have both sets for a spicer 3053 deuce trans. if so what would you take for them. Thank you for your time and patients.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks