• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 truck winch and bumper on M818

jrobinson5093

I recently came acquired a complete winch with the bumper and extensions from a M35a2( I think anyway). Someone cut it off the truck with a torch the pieces of the frame are still bolted to the extensions. I have no PTO, just a small piece of shaft that was also cut. I need a bumper on my M818. I am just gonna bolt it on for now for looks, until I get the parts for part 2. Which is converting the winch to hydro. I'm gonna try and find a hydro motor that I can attach to where the shaft mounts. Is there any reason other than not being as strong that it would not work? Will the power steering pump in the 5 ton produce enough pressure?

jrobinson5093

Well I got the winch and bumper sitting on the front of the truck. Only a few holes line up so I'm gonna have drill some new holes. The five ton frame is around a inch taller than the 2.5 ton, so I'm gonna make some type of spacer. It will take up the space between the bottom of the frame and the bottom of the 2.5 ton frame extension. I will post pictures tomorrow, for anyone curious.

jrobinson5093

I am in the process of powering the winch with a hydro motor. Does any one know the specs for a motor that would work for it? What are the specs for the motor used on a M35A3?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks