• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 V.S. my house

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Managed to back into the corner of the carriage barn once. Stopped the deuce cold, and barn didn't even move.

Red building in pic.

Attachments

tm america

stretch i guess the other pile of rubble was a house before a 5ton hit it and it didnt do as good as the barn..i let a friend use my ford ranger once he was backing it in to my driveway and somehow forgot the door was open :roll:he made my door and my fender into one body part house didnt do to bad but it ripped my hode real of and broke the pipe that the hose hooks up to:cry:thats a pretty major ouch on the house unless he is a brick layer iwould go through the insurance to get it done right looks like a decent amount of structural damage

jdmcgowen

What a memory. A little elbow grease and that house will be as good as new. Doesn't look that bad to me. I'd really glad to do the work for 3 or 4 grand. But sorry too far away for me.

Josh

Don't ya love it when that happens. About 10 days after I got mine, my foot sliped off the clutch while in the drive way and the deuce poped its way threw the garage door. Lucky I get wholesale at a overhead door place. Parents were to happy though.

stumps

Warning! Objects in mirror are behind you!

That is a weak spot in your structure. It comes from putting a brick veneer on the front of the house, and vinyl siding on the sides. You end up with a skinny little pile of bricks going up the corner with the garage door. You would have had the same result if you had backed your pickup truck into that corner by the door.

If you are careful, you can stand everything back up, and use a urethane mortar colored caulk, such as PL to glue the bricks back together...it's stronger than mortar. The bricks on that corner should have quite a few brick ties to the framing, so they should stay put pretty well if you move slowly, and carefully.

A mason will charge you $3000. Most of the charge is just for showing up with his truck, mixer and some materials.

-Chuck

Metallitera

more sure everything is structurally sound before hanging around in the garage. the roof could be weakened on that corner if theres that much damage to the wall.

looks like a good excuse to expand the garage!

:funny:. . . But it DID look as BIG as a H O U S E :!: :!: :!:

By chance, have you ever accused your "buddy" of being a "home wrecker":?:

not meaning to hijack the thread, but youre just down the road from me! im in Brady

Strykerboy

yea i going to have to check out all my buddys handy work when i get home and yes i might even think about makeing the garage bigger = indoor storage for my truck would be nice

jollyroger

He needed a monbackman......mon back.....plenty of room.....mon back. I can't smack talk. I just park my deuce by noise and feel. I start backing up and wait for the sound of something crumpling or I feel a jolt.......Really though I almost did this last summer. I just got the truck and was showing some friends. I just opened the door and hit the start button. I did not check to see if it was in neutral. Nope. It was in low. Fired right up and took off toward the house. Luckily i was able to track it down before it got into anything.:oops:

saddamsnightmare

December 25th, 2009.

What a Christmas Present!:twisted: Holy Smoke, Backman, there's a house behind this guy's truck.... Which is why I never back the deuce up without seeing whats behind me an putting a marker down so when the center of the drivers door lines up with it... I gotta couple of feet to spare. Ouch.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

N.B.: It's an old locomotive engineers trick to always stop at the same place on the platform with a passenger train, but it works really well with trucks also. The visual reference keeps you from going back too far. You can pace off where you want the rear of the truck to stop, then pace from the rear of the truck to the center of the cab door, and that last set of paces is how far forward from your intended stop point (for the rear of the truck) you want to drop your marker. A white painted scrap of 2X2 or 2X4 should work well even at night.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Last edited:

stumps

December 25th, 2009.

What a Christmas Present!:twisted: Holy Smoke, Backman, there's a house behind this guy's truck.... Which is why I never back the deuce up without seeing whats behind me an putting a marker down so when the center of the drivers door lines up with it... I gotta couple of feet to spare. Ouch.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D
Now that's a great idea! I'll have to remember it!

-Chuck

jmh4x4

that sucks. similar thing happend to my garage, I bought a major fixer upper, the only thing nice on the property was the stand along block garage. My brother rented a skidsteer so that we could grade a suitable driveway in and in his showing off slammed the skidsteer right into the block wall. needless to say, the skidsteer won.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks