• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 V.S. my house

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow that does suck to say the least. glad no one was around back to get flattened out for sure... one would say thats what we pay insurance for but on the other hand your buddy might can come up with some help and just fix it before you get home... at least that is what i would do.. have it good as new on my dime:roll:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
when i had the 42 autocar, i had it running in the drive way in gear, foot on the clutch, foot slipped off, i HAD a double flip up garage door, time i got things stopped, the door and mechanism was history, the cross beam was NO LONGER straight, and a very mad X (not x then)wife, the truck was so hi, that the only damage was a small ding at the top of the radiator cowling. its not fun trying to explain to the insurance company how you tried to drive a truck,bigger then the garage into the garage :oops:

Last edited:

Strykerboy

contruction will start tomaro on my poor garage i gota push the porsche out due to spun rod bearing = gay insult to injury but it should all be back to normal in a week or so:grd:

Dodge man

You think that's bad. My car once got hit by less than half a car! Many years ago a buddy of mine and I found a Corvair that had been dumped in a river. We pulled it out and took out the sub-frame with the engine, transmission and rear differential, axles and wheels and tires all in one unit. We took it to his garage and drained all the water and cleaned it up and connected a gas can to the carburator for fuel. We then parked my car about six feet in front of it and hot wired the ignition and jumpered from my battery to the starter and fired it up. The only problem was that it was a manual transmission and we forgot to see if it was out of gear. (there wasn't a shifter on it anyway.) After running for about thirty seconds the clutch dried out enough to engage and the entire frame, engine, transmission, etc took off across the floor and ran straight into the side of my car! It wasn't very funny at the time but it was an amazing sight to see that collection of parts skittering across the floor with only two wheels!

To top it all off a couple of days later there was a big story in the local paper about cars being stolen and dumped in the river. And there on the front page was a big picture of our 'donor' car!

Strykerboy

i gota admit man that funny now but yea i can see how much it sucked at first... now i look at the big crack in my brick wall and shake my head then i cuss my room mate for being a non driving "f" word.! lol:beer:

Dodge man

I couldn't resist the urge to check dodgeman's vehicle list for the Corvair. I'm gonna wait for "the rest of the story." That's awesome!
Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever told that story. Even my wife hasn't heard it. But that was nearly fourty years ago and I hope that the Sacramento cops have quit looking for us by now! But I can tell you that that was truely an Aw Sh*t moment when we found out that the car was stolen and that the cops were looking for whom ever stripped it and dumped it! The funny thing was that we did it right on the side of the Sacramento River and there were HUNDREDS of rafters, canoers and swimmers that went by and watched us while we did it!

The G Man

Strkerboy,

Guess your a super good friend. As the saying goes freinds will help you move, best friends will help you move bodies.. So I guess that moves you up to Superfreinds for letting him move into your house with your Deuce.

Say hello to wonderwoman for me and tell her she can stop by anytime:D

Wrench Wench

Kinda like me and the way I park in front of the house, curbside. I'd discovered that when my Crown Vic is right where I want it, I can look to the right into my yard and two of my fence posts line up perfectly. So, I just back up slowly until those posts line up and then put it in park. No fuss, no muss.

That worked out great, until the day my mom parked her truck about 5 feet farther forward than she usually does because the neighbors crowded her out of her usual parking spot right in front of our house.

I still owe her a new front bumper for the dent I put in her current one.

Which reminds me... what's the make on that garage door? That thing looks pretty good for having been rammed by a Deuce. I suppose it's a good thing it wasn't anchored to the framing any better than it was, else your bud might have really done some damage to the structure.