• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 water pump leak

Bca

I have a steady drip from a drain hole at the waterpump when the truck is running. It is reduced when I loosen the rad cap and there is little or no leak when parked. I'm familiar with typical pumps on jeeps and dodges etc but this seems different: a pump mounted in a housing. Do I just remove the pump or the pump and housing. Do i have to remove the rad (as per manual) or is there room to work? Finally does the housing fill with coolant and why wouldn't always leak through the drip hole. The answer may become obvious when I remove the water pump but from the I don't see the relationship between the pump and the housing. .... Brian

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not sure if draining the rad will help from spilling coolant when you pull the pump. I would loosen all the bolts on the rad and you should be able to pull the rad out to get the fan off the pump. I would just pull the pump out of the housing, no need to take the whole assembly out.

reloader64

I replaced my water pump with one from Boyce. No problems whatsoever. I recommend replacing all of your radiator/water hoses while you have it apart, unless you are certain that they are in very good shape.

Scott

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I never thought of that. I have a hose kit made up and ready to go if you want one. PM if interested.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either I'm very lucky (not bloody likely) or I'm good at pulling Deuce fans but I have never pulled the radiator to get the fan out.

BTW, remember to cut the bottom hose off one inch on the radiator end. If you manage to get the hose on without cutting it the hose will be bound up and crushed by the engine block and restrict the flow.