• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 water truck?

goodguyzy

im thinking about buying this item. its a 1965 kaiser

is this a m35a2 converted to a water truck or is it original m????
is it a gasser or the multifuel?
i would like to part it out for a bobber and a another m35a2 that i have that has a bad case of cancer but has 7,000 miles

sʞuɐɥʇ sdןǝɥ ƃuıɥʇ ʎuɐ :p

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does not look original. I don't see a smoke stack, which might mean its a gasser, but all it really means is that it doesn't have a smoke stack.

EO2NMCB

Not having a stack doesn't mean a whole lot, mine is a ld465 with a grass burner exhaust, but is a non turbo truck. Even with a rebulit in 1988 at toole they didn't upgrade. Alot of m35's in the first half of Nam were grass burners.

Nonotagain

im thinking about buying this item. its a 1965 kaiser

is this a m35a2 converted to a water truck or is it original m????
is it a gasser or the multifuel?
i would like to part it out for a bobber and a another m35a2 that i have that has a bad case of cancer but has 7,000 miles

sʞuɐɥʇ sdןǝɥ ƃuıɥʇ ʎuɐ :p
If it's a factory Deuce tanker, it should be a model M49.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not an M50 or M49. It is an ex Marine Corps truck and the bed may be original. Look at the lifting guides on the bed above the trunion. That would be military only for the removable lifting brackets. There are other small hints on the bed that lead me to believe it may be original as well.

My guess is it's original. Maybe a Marine Corps Flightline service truck. That's just a guess though. Get a look at the data plate and let us know.

goodguyzy

yes it is, plan was to use axles in a 4x4 toyota project (not mine), cab on a later bob deuce (mine), and misc. parts for other projects and sell/scrap the rest. My friend who drives a water truck part time wants to use it, if its in working order, for oregon dept of forestry this summer. ill pick it up next week and get some new pics up

thx for reading my boring thread :)

nkawtg

I say it isn't an original tank....

If you look at the back of the M49/M50, the tank ends well aft of the rear tires (not actually the tank, but the housing for the plumbing, etc.). Also, the lower portion of the tank/body will look like the bed of an M35, or the bed of an M34 (depending on if it is an M49 or M50). I believe the M50 has the "wheel well" cutouts (like the M34), and the M49 looks similar to an M35 with a large tank placed in the bed.

Just some observations, not to diminish your purchase, just to answer the question. Enjoy it!!:-D

fasttruck

Body appears to be stainless steel and is too high for a m49 (fuel) or m50 (water) tanker. Lack of air cleaner or exhaust suggests gas job. Size of tank would suggest if it is filled you will overload the chassis and create a high center of gravity that will facilitate a roll over.