• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 will not reverse

dreadknot

deuce will drive forward no problem. no brakes sticking. Transmission engages in reverse but vehicle will not go in reverse. as if i was standing on the brakes. any ideas what would cause this ? any help appreciated. thnx

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, that will do it, parking brake not adjusted correctly will bind up in reverse. Loosen the brake adjust knob all the way and try backing up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, slide on under there at look at it.

There must be 3 springs there.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, a site search of your title brings up a plethora of threads covering this issue.(as can be seen in the similar threads listed at the bottom of this page).

And, on this website, we capitalize. (yup, it's even in the rules)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
deuce will drive forward no problem. no brakes sticking. Transmission engages in reverse but vehicle will not go in reverse. as if i was standing on the brakes. any ideas what would cause this ? any help appreciated. thnx
thnx is spelled thank

From the site rules that you just read,
"• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read"

Flyingvan911

Is your transfer case a Sprag or an airshift? Could it be a mis-adjusted or malfunctioning Sprag? Does it have a switch under the dash that makes a hiss when you flip it?

Robhp1

If it just started chances are Doghead is correct. The springs hold the shoes just off the braking surface and when they break it will lock it up in reverse. I would try adjusting it on the brake handle first but I would bet on a broken spring. I keep spares now. It is an easy fix but if broken you will not go anywhere in reverse.