• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 will not start

SrIrie

I am not allowed to give the specifics but if one was to go that popular auction site and had $371.92
to spend then one may find one of these. I see there are NO MORE USA made to be had. This is like a cost of 2.7 cents a pound to save my ornament, (free labor here)
It is a product. I neither like or dislike it. When I need one then I will REALLY need one or I have a 14,000 lb lawn ornament.
Thank You, Thank You, I have now found them it looks like they are $391.72 now

I park mine in the drive it would probably kill the lawn :grin:, either way it would look better if it runs correctly.

Thank you also for your help much appreciated

rustystud

I am not allowed to give the specifics but if one was to go that popular auction site and had $371.92
to spend then one may find one of these. I see there are NO MORE USA made to be had. This is like a cost of 2.7 cents a pound to save my ornament, (free labor here)View attachment 569033.
It is a product. I neither like or dislike it. When I need one then I will REALLY need one or I have a 14,000 lb lawn ornament.
Hey, "you gotta do what you gotta do" . If the only part is a "made in China" or back side of the moon it doesn't matter. The trucks gotta roll !

SrIrie

I just drove the truck into town and filled up which could not have worked out better, I was almost out when I got there. When I got home and went to shut it down I noticed something I have never noticed before. When I shut off the main switch which of coarse shuts down the in tank pump. There was a drop in RPM, so I turned it back on and the RPM came back up. I did this a few times just to make sure I was not hearing things. I then watched the tac and sure enough it was not just me it was loosing RPM with the switch.

Now correct me if I am wrong but this points me to the IP is getting week. I know it has never done this before or I would of noticed.

Also since I last posted I put a pressure gauge on the line coming from the tank and watched the pressure when it was running not just switch on and it is at almost 10 PSI running no matter what.
So the in tank pump is good I figure.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah but where did you put the gauge? It does make a difference.

The IP has a fuel booster pump in it. The drop in rpm does not always mean the IP is going bad. When was the last time you changed your fuel filters? Maybe they are just clogged.

SrIrie

At the tank where the line comes out at the little elbow.
The first filter yesterday and the second and third where done before the last trip (500 miles) when the tire blew which was the reason for parking it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you drained the filter housings lately? Maybe they have trapped water. While the truck sat was the fuel tank full?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is not design pressure 4 to 7 PSIG at the inlet of the engine main pump? That is the design "suction pressure" of the booster pump just before the HH.
Higher pressure seen on the gauge at the output of the pump at the fuel tank indicates restriction in the system. Get it running and keep it running and burn lots of good fuel. It was made to run. Then change the Primary and secondary fuel filters again. They are cheap. PM me if you need some or they are for sale here on SS.

rustystud

023.jpgBefore you condemn the injection pump booster pump I would put a fuel gauge on after the primary filter. This is the last fuel filter that feeds the injection pump. If your pressure is 30psi to 45psi at idle then your booster pump is OK.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you hear the return fuel going back into the tank with the fuel cap off. If you dropped the return line off of the T fitting at the secondary fuel filter you should have good flow out of that line with just the in tank running. Also sent you a pm.

nk14zp

One member had a no start. Turned out there was a passage in one of the filter housings was plugged. He was running wvo oil so I kid him now about having a french fri stuck in it. No thread I think this was all in chat.

saddamsnightmare

July 12th, 2015.

If you need an IP, see if KIA Military Motors deuce uses the same or similar IP, if so, it should be made much better then the aforementioned Chinese boat anchor.......:???:

SrIrie

I have had no time in last few to try and figure anything out. I am going to get some gauges so I can see the pressures of things. I have driven it a few times (not real far) with no change but as soon as I have some more time I am going to get back at it. I have not wrote off the IP yet it just seems to run to well once started.
Thank you to all for the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks