• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 window frame to glass seals option

Coondawg

I was having trouble finding materials for replacing the seals in all of the windows of the deuce. I'm talking about the rubber that goes between the metal frames, and the glass itself. I searched a lot and couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't know what to call it. I found a nice solution though. I went to an architectural glass company in town and got some 1/2 rubbers seals for holding glass in custom shower surrounds. I used a little sealant and installed the seals on the outside face. Worked great. No sloppiness or rattles and was easy to do. Thought I might pass it along.

window 1.jpg

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thumbs up on that. I re-used the original seals but used 50 year clear outside sealant when I replaced the windshields and refurbished the frames...wow...nine years ago. I think this is the only way to reliably prevent water from seeping into the hollow window frames. No rust or bubbles since.

Eliteweapons

I have alignment issues with my hardtop. No matter how much I tweek it the windows in the doors don't quite line up right. The tub seems to be a little out of shape causing the top to not line up properly. I am trying to find a different type of seal for the door windows where it meets the top and back side of the hardtop frame. Any ideas on that? I will have to take some pictures and post them up later. Bolting down the top took a come along and some tactically placed straps to get the holes to line up.

Coondawg

I have alignment issues with my hardtop. No matter how much I tweek it the windows in the doors don't quite line up right. The tub seems to be a little out of shape causing the top to not line up properly. I am trying to find a different type of seal for the door windows where it meets the top and back side of the hardtop frame. Any ideas on that? I will have to take some pictures and post them up later. Bolting down the top took a come along and some tactically placed straps to get the holes to line up.[/QUOTE

I haven't replaced those seals yet. I've been running with the windows down here in Florida so it hasn't been an issue yet. I do know that with new cowl and top seals, it creates a tight fit. I suppose it's possible your tub has spread a little. I would think the top being out of shape would be a lot more likely though. Wish I could help more.

mt4x4

I'm going down this path right now. I need to replace the rubber between the glass and the frame that holds the glass. I need to do this on all the glass. So far i have not taken apart anything but based on whats rotting off from the door windows and looking around on google i think Glass Glazing Channel is what i need. I just need to fugue out the size. Is there anyone that has taken a window apart before that can confirm that Glass Glazing Channel is what was originally used. I will try to add a photo to save you the search.
410P4Q5CjKL._SY300_.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks