• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Winter Front-Where do all the clips Go??

saddamsnightmare

MArch 5th, 2008.

When Installing all the clips to hold the winter front on the brush guard of the M35A2, what are the location and manner of installing all the clips to retain the cover?
I have the winter front cover with new plexiglass for the headlight covers, but no clips and no instructions. Does one of the TM's cover installing the winterfront, because the -10 only mentions it as part of the Arctic kit, but doesn't elucidate further..
Also would any one be interested in buying or swapping a canvas winter front in the event I can find a winterization kit complete for my truck? Whats the usual rate for a serviceable front alone? Thanks again for the information,

I remain,
Thouroughly chilled in the damp, dreary northeast of TExas (I thought that the South was warmer then this!!),

and Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Army Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114.
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W (or heater) "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran deuce. :mrgreen:

saddamsnightmare

RE: winter cover

March 5th, 2008.

:drool: It may have been covered, but using search for "Mounting Winter Front" in the Deuce section brought p nothing, but I'll be happy to drool over Rockman's M35A2 front end photos above- nice truck. My grill guard seems to have holes drilled in the peripery bars that have nothing to do with the guard as it now exists, so I suspect it may have had a winter front on it already at some time in the past. These trucks end up as a form of industrial archaeology, trying to make send=se of the design, the modifications and the really odd variations that turn up on almost everything. :popcorn:
I'll still hope that someone comes up with more details, but the electrican wire ties would work if they came in 686A Tan.

Regards,
Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Army Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114
1971 KAiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare", Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I searched for"arctic clips" , and selected "find all terms" That is how I found this! http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....viewtopic&t=2789&highlight=artic+arctic+clips

If you don't find what you are searching for, try thinking of "key words" that will be in the text of the subject you are looking for. Sometimes it takes several tries but if you keep trying you'll probably find it sooner or later.

saddamsnightmare

March 9th, 2008.

" NOW I SEE!" Said the Blind Man. Now all those peculiar matched pairs of holes in my brush guard that made no sense at all, now they make sense. Even though my Deuce has no evidence of any type of cab heater having been applied, the brush guard is set up for the winter front. I guess they take all the clips off when they finally remove the winter fronts?? The Winter front I have is going to need new plexiglass eyeholes installed, apparently Uncle Sam's boys put new ones in, forgot to remove the paper covers, and stored it in a very warm warehouse..... so the paper's stuck to the plexiglass... OH Well, some entreprenuer on EBAY will suck it up....
I guess I'll just have to break down and get the winterization kit from Saturn Surplus, but then at least I'll have heat and defrost for the windshield (see "Wreckerman's Deuce recovery thread for some nasty no heat-no defrost views of Nashville,TN....almost worth a Johnny Cash song about "Cold Tennessee Snow"(and Ice), so I won't feel like the fish looking out of Coleman's Fish Market Freezer Case (if you're in Wheeling, W.Va. get off of I70 (W.Va. Rt. 2 south before the tunnel westbound, end of Ohio River bridge eastbound) and take W.Va.2 south to Center Market on Market Street- the Coleman's Fish Sandwiches are worth the trip, heck, they're almost worth dying for, and priced right!). Thanks again to all the great minds on Steel Soldiers for the assist,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1963 Swiss Army Cargo S404.114 UNIMOG, Mercedes Benz rofl

jatonka

The instructions come with all the water heater kits for the deuce or M35 or
34 gassers. Also with the fuel fired heater kits for deuces and 5 tons. Or just put it up on the grill and it will show you where the loops go. JT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks