• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 with m817 dump bed

DMiz

Just Wondering if anyone has ever seen or done this. I might be getting a 5 ton dump truck M817 not the best condition but is a dump truck I have a m35a2 in great shape and want a dump bed! So the question is can i just pull the bed and the hydrolics off the M817 and with minor mods get in on my duece? What kind of pump does the m817 have pto or electric is the bed the same size can this be done?

Dave08

The issue is the weight and you can definitely overload the M35 with a 5 ton dump bed and hydraulics. However, I think it can be done and sounds like a cool idea. I just scored a set of hydraulic rams from GL and I am going to make a small dump for my Bobbed Deuce project. I will have the standard M105 Trailer bed with one hydraulic ram and make it a dump bed. This will be extremely helpful around the house. You need to check out the info threads collected all in one spot by M16TY within this forum and see some of the remarkable projects that have been done. Good luck and I for one would like to see some detailed pictures.
Dave08

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks