• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 with T831 singles height??

andytk5

I have searched and read for this but can't find an answer for my exact situation. I'm putting up a shelter at the house for this and need to know if i I can cut it down some. The shelter is now 9'8 at the sides and 13'~ at the top. Problem I see is that with the stack an the cargo tent up it runs the max height all the way to the edges.

Just need somebody with my similar setup to give me dimensions for the stack, cab hardtop, and cargo cover setup.

Thanks guys,

shenkmen

What size are your T831's?

11.00R20's have a diameter of 43.5.
10.00R20's have a diameter of 42.3.
NDCC 900-20 has a diamter of 41.20 inches
NDT 900-20 has a diamter of 40.70 inches

NDC and Ndt tire info here - Search results for: '900-20')

I have the T831 11.00R20's. Heights as follows...

Stack with 11.00R20's - 105.5 inches ( 8 feet 9.5 inches)
Cab top with 11.00R20's - 102

I shortened the length of my uprights so my cargo cover is not stock. The stock height of an M35a2 is 112 inches (9 ft 4 inches). Time for some math...

It seems like you'll be close but good enough as the height will increase less than 2 inches over stock bringing the cargo cover to 9 feet 6 inches.

I think I did that right.

andytk5

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure there the 11x20 43" tall tires.

So you have these sane tires? That's perfect! Thanks so much for the numbers. Have you driven in the mud or sand with them? I'm looking to take this on the beach with a 105 trailer in tow, fornsurf fishing, camping, and cooking out with the fam. I'll be doing that in St augustine were the sand is generally drivable, hard with some soft spots.

Thanks again!

shenkmen

I've had the T831's on everthing but sand. They have performed well. Deuce's make the best campers. That's my primary use for it. Let me know how they work out in the sand.

Alredneck

Banned
Army issued T831s would be 11s

Navy issue are also 11s

Not sure but would believe that the majority out there are 11s

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks