• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2c recovery from wpafb success!

jakerecon

Hey everyone!
I went up and picked up my first deuce from Wright Patterson AFB on friday. Everything is great on her, She started right up and all went great. I don't think I could have gotten a better truck. I plan on putting a fresh coat of paint on her, and replacing all the fluids. Anybody know of a place i can order door handles with locks? I need to add a keyed battery shutoff also. Anyone have and links to order those?

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must have just missed you. I did notice one of the four trucks missing when I got there around 1:45 p.m. It was probably yours. Two more to be picked up. They looked like puppys at the pet store when I drove out. Just sitting there waiting for their new owners to come and get them. :cry:

Depending on how often you plan on disconnecting/reconnecting, you can just remove the dog-bone completely for long-term storage concerns. A slight PITA if you mess with it daily. If you get a battery disconnect, get one that is heavy duty. I have a knife switch on a 1949 Ford F-1 that I keep garaged, and it handles the current without any problem, especially if I have to crank for extended periods. Those little spin-knob switches might be a little weak and end up acting as a fuse instead.

Nice rig!

I'm glad I got one of them, too! :grin:

Flyingvan911

Wow, that's a nice paint job. Looks like you got a great truck. Have fun!!! There's a thread on here somewhere that gives a part number for locking door handles that will fit the deuce. I put the combat lock on the passenger door and a chain around the handle behind the driver door and loop it around the mirror bracket. I am working on door locks.

Last edited:

jakerecon

Hey thanks guys! Im real excited about it. Oifvet, Yea that was me, we got up there around 11:30 we were only there for about 45 min. Talked to Andrew there for awhile then headed out. I ordered the door handles thanks for the link. I am down for a meet anytime, breakfast or whatever just let me know! Yea i will be at the haspen rally for sure.

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice truck! all these sw ohio boys, sounds like we need to have a breakfast cruise in with our MVs of course:beer:
If we could ever get all of the guys from the SW Ohio area together we would have quite a convoy!

Jakerecon - Welcome! That's a nice looking truck you got there. As Auggie said - Hope to see you at Haspin in June 2012! :driver:

Nice truck. Wish it were in my driveway. Close to home too.

I'm in for a breakfast sometime.
Looking forward to Haspin in June also. Has a weekend been set yet for the rally?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered the door handles...
Just remember, you can lock the driver's door by pushing down on the inside door handle. Then slide out the passenger side and lock that door from the outside with one of your key-lock handles. That's the way old-timey cars did it. It was illegal back in the day to exit on the driver's/street side of a vehicle. A lot of people ask me why the driver's door on my 1949 Ford F-1 "doesn't have a door lock?" I tell them the above information and they get that "look". Anyway, if your two locks are not keyed alike, you might try this method. It will keep you from having to use two keys.

(If you watch some old black-and-white movies from the 40s with people getting in and out of vehicles on public streets, you'll see what I mean about "sliding across").

Anyway, not to sway from the topic, but that is how I plan to do mine. In the mean time, I have a long-shackle padlock around the passenger door handle and the grab handle. Yes, someone can remove the grab handle with a Phillips, but it is there to keep the curious parent from letting their kids "play Army" and take their pictures with their smart phones for another Facebook posting for all their "friends" to see. (Right now my truck is in a secure RV and boat storage facility where people can ogle.

These were nice trucks. Pricey, but I budgeted for it. I really like the pull-wire air-tank bleeder! I think about my truck a lot when I'm not around it. (Is that love?) :oops:

Last edited:

jakerecon

Thanks for the complements on the truck guys. Hey where do you guys order most of your parts from? I need oil filters fuel filters. Trusted place/site with no wait shipping.

dmetalmiki

Wow

that 's a fine looking truck (dropside too)..I also think about my trucks on a daily basis..Especially the wrecker..starting/driving/working it gives me great satisfaction. Just today I sold a coms body and hoiked it out the deuce body and onto the buyers truck..made quite an impression.

Thanks for the complements on the truck guys. Hey where do you guys order most of your parts from? I need oil filters fuel filters. Trusted place/site with no wait shipping.

Filters are easy to come by locally.
Napa would be your best bet. Even places like Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts and Oreilly has or can get them.

The primary fuel filter is a Napa 3511, Wix 33511, or Fram C1173PL.
The secondary fuel filters are Napa 3512, Wix 33512 or Fram C1175PL.
The oil filters are Napa 1133, Wix 51133 or Fram CH33APL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks