• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C troop seat/ side braces

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in need of both troop seat braces that go from the troop seats down to the bed in the back on a m35a2c. Does anybody have some or know where I might find them? I guess I could make some if all else fails if I had a good picture to go by.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Should be 2. It will only come from a dropside bed. They are near the tailgate in the bed, and go diagonally(sp?) up to the bed side.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I should try to get these too. These dropsides are more trouble than they are worth.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M35A2C troop seat/ side braces

Recovry4x4 said:
Guess I should try to get these too. These dropsides are more trouble than they are worth.
I'm starting to feel like you Kenny. When I got into deuces I just had to have a dropside. I got one and have never dropped the sides but I have cussed the tailgate latches :x .

If nobody knows a where these things can be bought I guess I'm going to need the pics and dimensions so I can make me a set and I may can make some for the other members that need a set.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dm22630 said:
Are you talking about the 2 latches that hold the tailgate up?

Or are you talking about the headache rack in the front?

:?
In my original post I was talking about the braces that go from the troop seats (at about the top of the sides) at a angle down to the bed floor. And this is what I need.

I kind of got off subject when I was commenting on Kenny's post about the tailgate latches that are on a dropside truck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that still don't know what I'm talking about here is a pic of the top part of one of the braces. The top part on one side is all I have. I can remake the top part pretty easy (all it is is a piece of pipe threaded on one end with with a bent solid rod welded on the other end) but I don't know how the bottom is made.

Attachments

gmayor

Okay, I'm a late comer to this. My dropside doesn't have them either. What do they do? Or should I just say since I don't have them, I need them also!

Crazyguypa

now that I see what they look like time to have some more parts made at work..... gotta love gov't project time at work.

After searching for new drop side chains, I had some made a few months ago. I just need some time now to get them welded on the truck. Only needed 1 to replace the one on the rear, but I figured why not replace all of em.

Attachments

Crazyguypa

I can't take credit for making those, but 'd like too. I got a machinst at work whose a fanatic about making it look original, down to the exact measurement. All I did was bring in an original and help out where I could. Only cost me a couple dozen doughnuts. Metal was in the trash to be thrown away. So for about $15 I got new dropside chains for the truck. I gotta get more stuff made before he retires. 8)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think they are designed to support the sides. I think they are to keep the dropside from dropping while the troops are in the seat (a safety mesure) because if you remove the troop seats you don't have the brace anymore. Although they do support the sides when in place.