• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C Won't Start, and I Tore my Pants

rrrr

Did you put new fuel in it ?

Check the shutoff as mentioned earlier since its easier than the HH.

Good luck and keep us posted !

nf6x

Feral Engineer
No, I did not put new fuel in it. Can diesel go bad enough in the tank to not ignite at all while starting, particularly in a multifuel engine? The stuff that's in it doesn't smell great, but I've smelled far worse coming out of a fuel tank... a friend has a mule, and I suspect that the only way to clean that nasty fuel out of the system involves the help of a Catholic priest. Hmm, I don't remember whether he got it running again... I should ask him whether he had it exorcised.

rrrr

Get the fuel out, clean the tank up and get some new stuff. You'll need to replace/clean depending on the type of primary filter. If the primary filter is really bad you might want to go ahead and replace the other two fuel filters as well. You'll need to re-bleed the fuel lines. Fungus will grow in diesel over time. This will very quickly clog filters.

rrrr

Your not getting fuel. 3 year old diesel will clog filters in a hurry. Try the getting the fuel in order first. It might save you a lot of trouble and money.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
If I'm not getting fuel, then what's the stuff that squirts out of the input line to the hydraulic head when I loosen the fitting with the in-tank pump running? :wink:

rrrr

FUNGUS :wink:

Your not getting enough fuel to the HH. Get fresh fuel and filters. If that doesn't work then the next suspect would be the HH or shutoff.

glcaines

I would plan on cleaning and flushing the fuel tank and all lines, thoroughly with diesel fuel tank cleaner. Replace all three filters. Put in fresh diesel. If you do this, then you have eliminated a lot of possibilities and in addition, it should be done anyway based on your description. Algae growing in the diesel fuel system is nasty. It seems that once you have it, it is difficult to cure. I routinely keep diesel additive in my tank to prevent problems from starting.