• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2W/W Brake problems

wiggall

Saturday I drove THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST to meet up with some friends. When I step on the brakes, they would not release when I took my foot of the brake pedal! I had to dump the air tanks to get them to release! Any idea of what is going on?

ToddJK

Saturday I drove THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST to meet up with some friends. When I step on the brakes, they would not release when I took my foot of the brake pedal! I had to dump the air tanks to get them to release! Any idea of what is going on?
Mine did that. I had to drain the air tanks, pump the break while the air tanks were recharging and no issues since. My guess is either the vent for the air pack to bleed off is blocked/plugged, or the air pack is going bad. Maybe see if you can get under there and see if it's clean around the air pack, wash it off with a hose and see if that helps. When it happened to me, the pedal was hard and only one brake was sticking.

Big Tom

Also had that problem a wile back found the cup in the master cyclender had swelled just a little bit and was blocking the small return hole witch in turn would not let all the fluid back that pressure keeps the air pack engaged , rebuilting master cyclender fix the trouble

wiggall

Mine did that. I had to drain the air tanks, pump the break while the air tanks were recharging and no issues since. My guess is either the vent for the air pack to bleed off is blocked/plugged, or the air pack is going bad. Maybe see if you can get under there and see if it's clean around the air pack, wash it off with a hose and see if that helps. When it happened to me, the pedal was hard and only one brake was sticking.
Thanks I will try that!

kenn

I know some poo poo them, but now is the time for a remote reservoir if you want one. I put one in when I put in my new master cylinder and it made both filing the master (cleanly!) and bleeding the line between the master and air pack a piece of cake. I also now have another thing to check before I get on the road as I do my walk around for any issues that might have arisen while parked since the last trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks