• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2W/W Master cylinder replacement

wiggall

Do I have to take apart the clutch , brake pedal assembly to replace the Master cylinder? I have removed the brake ltne. and all the bolts holding the master cylinder in place. But I do not have the room to drop it out.

kenn

Mine would not drop and I had to remove a couple of bolts from sides of the master so it would slide into the rearward hole to get it loose. Instructions are in the TM and are solid but I didn't see any part about the bolts on the side in the TM but with those off it came right out. Read here:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You OBVIOUSLY aren't holding your tongue correctly or not using the right swear words! It wiggles out without removing anything but the mounting bolts and lines. If you wait a week to put the replacement in you won't remember how to get it back in!

GopherHill

You OBVIOUSLY aren't holding your tongue correctly or not using the right swear words! It wiggles out without removing anything but the mounting bolts and lines. If you wait a week to put the replacement in you won't remember how to get it back in!
The appropriate swear words scare the offending parts into submission. Anointing them with knuckle blood helps.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had some serious problems removing a MC on one of my trucks - mainly because there were two capped ports on the back of the MC that would not fit through the hole in the crossmember. Had to remove one of them so the MC would clear. I do not have any other MC's like that one, but I suspect it was for the dual brake setup on the later trucks.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might have mis forgotten. The front fitting needs removal. All the rest, swear words, tongue and length of time between removal and instllation still apply!

Maybe mis remebered...it has been a year since I did one!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you ain't bleeding, you ain't doing it right!

Changing the master cylinder is one of the more miserable jobs, depending. There is one fastener that is in a very tight spot and, if the master has been worked on before, is likely to have been "omitted" upon reassembly. I was very pleased to find that my master was held in place by accessible fasteners only. It works fine without that frustration inducing fastener. I left mine that way as well.

Take extra care to not cross-thread the brake line fittings.

rustystud

If you ain't bleeding, you ain't doing it right!

Changing the master cylinder is one of the more miserable jobs, depending. There is one fastener that is in a very tight spot and, if the master has been worked on before, is likely to have been "omitted" upon reassembly. I was very pleased to find that my master was held in place by accessible fasteners only. It works fine without that frustration inducing fastener. I left mine that way as well.

Take extra care to not cross-thread the brake line fittings.
YES !!! Don't cross-thread the fittings !!!! You think things are messy now, try finding and fixing a cross-threaded fitting !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changing the master cylinder is one of the more miserable jobs, depending. There is one fastener that is in a very tight spot and, if the master has been worked on before, is likely to have been "omitted" upon reassembly.
That one can be done 'easily' if you use a deep socket, a six inch extension, a universal joint, another six inch extension and a ratchet wrench, with most of the assembled tool threaded through the hole in the frame crossmember. I have always put all four fasteners in. YMMV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks